View Full Version : WM 5.0 and phone

lancia
02-07-2006, 09:13 PM
When I get a phone call on my WM 5 device, the backlight does NOT turn on even though I have the settings that say turn on the backlight. Anyone have any ideas?

Mike Temporale
02-08-2006, 02:36 AM
What device is it?

lancia
02-08-2006, 02:41 PM
What device is it?

PPC6700

Mike Temporale
02-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Backlight on the Pocket PC is a little different than the Smartphone. The Smartphone doesn't have an option to enable the backlight. Only stuff to say how long it should be one for.

Unfortunately, I haven't used my Pocket PC in ages, and I have no expereince with the 6700 device. Our sister site Pocket PC Thoughts, (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com) would be the best place to ask these questions. :wink:

lancia
02-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Backlight on the Pocket PC is a little different than the Smartphone. The Smartphone doesn't have an option to enable the backlight. Only stuff to say how long it should be one for.

Unfortunately, I haven't used my Pocket PC in ages, and I have no expereince with the 6700 device. Our sister site Pocket PC Thoughts, (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com) would be the best place to ask these questions. :wink:

I'll check it out...thanks for the info.

Mike Temporale
02-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Sorry. We're not trying to drive you away or anything. I just can't answer those questions. I lack the expereince.

Sven Johannsen
02-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Many PPCs have a feature where holding down the power button turns off the backlight. That setting is saved and while the device turns on and the screen can be seen, the backlight stays off. Do you actually see the screen come on, just not the backlight? If so, try holding down the power button. On the other hand some of the new PPC phone editions allow you to actually turn the device totally off by holding down the power button. My K-Jam can be turned totally off, like a phone, but the JasJar does the backlight thing.

lancia
02-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Many PPCs have a feature where holding down the power button turns off the backlight. That setting is saved and while the device turns on and the screen can be seen, the backlight stays off. Do you actually see the screen come on, just not the backlight? If so, try holding down the power button. On the other hand some of the new PPC phone editions allow you to actually turn the device totally off by holding down the power button. My K-Jam can be turned totally off, like a phone, but the JasJar does the backlight thing.

I think you are right. The power button works kinda funny. If I press it quick it turns off the pocketpc portion of the phone. If I press and hold it turns on/off the backlight. When I press and hold to turn off the backlight then turn single press to turn it off it appears that the backlight is in "off" mode so when my phone rings, the backlight is off. When I turn off the pocketpc with the backlight on, I am guessing the backlight will turn on when someone calls. Someone needs to call me to test it...guess I'll call my wife ;)

Thanks for the info.