View Full Version : Motorola Q Delayed Until April?

Mike Temporale
02-03-2006, 03:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/03/no-motorola-q-until-april/' target='_blank'>http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/03/no-motorola-q-until-april/</a><br /><br /></div><i>"We know this is going to hurt, but we've just learned from a highly reliable source that Motorola won't be delivering their new Q Smartphone to Verizon Wireless until sometime in early April. Not sure what the speficic hold up is, but we do know that Moto has been steadily improving the Q's keyboard and software -- oh, and we can't forget that Verizon does have a reputation for running phones through the wringer before carrying them. Disappointing news for all the Q fans out there, but a little delay is better than putting a handset out there that isn't quite ready for primetime, right?"</i><br /><br />Engadget is reporting that the Q is going to miss it's ship date - again. We started out with Q4 2005, then it was pushed back to Q1 of 2006, and now it looks like it might be the start of Q2. :S

randalllewis
02-03-2006, 05:02 PM
Sorry Moto, your delay is my gain. I was seriously considering this phone when it was announced and even signed up to get Moto's updates on it. Then came the news that it was only available on Verizon (yuck) and then the constant delays. Finally, along came the 2125 and I struck the Q from my list. After a careful evaluation I realized I do want to know when I get important e-mails while away from the office, but I really don't need to write lengthy replies if I reply at all, so the keyboard is not relevant to me. For the sake of the future of Windows Mobile I want the Q to come out and be successful, but I don't want it, don't need it, and don't miss it.

Jerry Raia
02-03-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm shocked at this news! :rotfl:

Ed Hansberry
02-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Well, chalk up another customer of the Treo 700 then. I had assumed a Feb date for the Q and then would make a decision with my wife for her needs. Waiting 2-3 more months is not feasable given her current phone is starting to act whacky with the battery.

wshwe
02-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Motorola screws up again! That's certainly nothing new! I doubt Motorola will ever release a smartphone that will seriously challenge RIM and Palm.

Rocco Augusto
02-04-2006, 03:38 AM
Motorola screws up again! That's certainly nothing new! I doubt Motorola will ever release a smartphone that will seriously challenge RIM and Palm.

at this rate ill be suprised if they ever release a smartphone ;)

pgb55
02-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Interesting. I saw an auction on eBay this week for the Q, Verizon branded. It looked pretty legit as the phone was on and showed the date.
I guess a couple have snuck out.