View Full Version : Smartphone Toddler Tip

craigrens
02-02-2006, 03:24 PM
I've not ever heard anyone suggesting this, but this is probably one of the best uses for my smartphone that I've found.

By using a no-brainer program for dummies (I use Pocket DVD Studio), I convert shows from DVD for my toddler like Dora the Explorer, the Backyardigans (if you have kids you know what shows I'm talking about) into WMP files.

Move the WMP file to my Mini-SD card and voila, you have a built in movie player for the kids when you just need to keep them occupied in order to enjoy finishing shopping, eating, or anywhere you are on the move. It works great if you forget to pack the usual toys. It's also interesting to see how other people's kids start to go crazy when they hear Dora singing but don't know where the sound is coming from. 8)

The only thing I add is a simple zip lock bag to enclose the phone. My toddler could not care less and it keeps it safe from spills.

Mike Temporale
02-02-2006, 04:11 PM
That's a great idea. My kids love to play with my phone. This might be the way to stop them from pushing all the buttons and instead have them star it it quietly. :lol:

Oh, and a little word of warning - Even if your keypad is locked, buttons are dangerous. Check out this link for more info --> http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7773