View Full Version : the end of T9???

PiPod
02-02-2006, 12:57 AM
so i was just talking to my friend who works for Cingular and he told me they were thinking of dropping T9 from the options on the next generation of cell phones because the company thinks that people don't actually use T9. i use T9 all the time, so i'd prefer it didn't get dropped. he mentioned that increasing the page hits for the T9 site would be an effective way to show Cingular that people still use T9... so if you use T9 or would like to keep it on the next generation of cells go to the site:

http://www.textfast.t9.com/index1.htm

hopefully we can show them we like our T9 just the way it is... =\

Mike Temporale
02-02-2006, 03:55 AM
Good idea, but Cingular would not have access to the traffic numbers of T9's site. So, I can 't see this idea working at all.

I'm no pro at T9 and personally, I would like to see other options on phones. There have been numerous other text input methods over the last couple years. Nothing seems to take hold.

TopDog
07-22-2006, 10:53 PM
I've always used T9. But we Norwegians used SMS daily before you guys could spell "text message" :lol:

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see that this was a reeeealy old thread... :oops:

Mike Temporale
07-23-2006, 02:20 AM
I've always used T9. But we Norwegians used SMS daily before you guys could spell "text message" :lol:

It's funny. I was hanging out with Howard chui a couple weeks ago, and I have to tell you that he's the fastest T9'er that I've ever seen. Now, I don't T9 much, and neither do my friends. We use it occasionaly, but typically it's email or a phone call - which can be just as fast. 8)