View Full Version : Installed programs not appearing in Remove Programs

msztainbok
01-29-2006, 05:01 AM
I have an i-Mate Smartphone SP5 (Windows Mobile 5) and I'm having a problem where installed programs are not appearing in Remove Programs under Settings. I can see 2 of my installed programs but there are many more installed on the phone that aren't being listed.

If I look in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Apps, I can see all the installed programs but for some reason not all of them are appearing in Remove Programs. I've compared some of the entries that are appearing to those that aren't and I can't see any differences in the registry values (apart from minor directory name differences).

All the installed programs appear when I choose Add/Remove Programs from ActiveSync. They're just not appearing in the Remove Programs applet on the actual phone.

Has any one else had this problem? Any one know what the cause may be and how to fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Mike Temporale
01-29-2006, 05:05 AM
How many applications do you have installed? I know there was a bug that prevented applications from showing if you had more than 50 installed. That was on 2003, but I haven't tested it on WinMo5. So it could still be there.

msztainbok
01-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Definitely less than 50....currently have roughly 10 installed but only 2 showing.

It just started happening all of a sudden and uninstalling and reinstalling programs doesn't seem to make much difference as most of them still don't appear.

It's definitely an odd problem...

Mark

Jerry Raia
01-30-2006, 12:17 AM
I have noticed a few programs missing on my 2125 also. Can you see them on the ActiveSync list?

msztainbok
01-30-2006, 12:25 AM
Yep, they definitely come up on the ActiveSync list and are listed in the registry on the phone in the appropriate bit. Just not in the Remove Programs applet.

Mark

Jerry Raia
01-30-2006, 12:55 AM
Seems like that bug is still around in some form. At least you can manage them from ActiveSync.

ditch_azeroth
04-08-2006, 06:03 AM
just a thought, i could be wrong though...

some programs are linked to run exe files, and may not be necessarily installed in your phone. this would expalin why it does not show up in the add/remove progams app. solution? delete the lnk file and the target folder/file of the lnk file.

MRSumra
06-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Hi All,
I am facing the same problem, I have Qtek 8310 Smartphone SP5 (Windows Mobile 5) and
only one .cab file is installed. It shows information in registry but not in add/remove program.

is this bug is removed???

Regards,
Riz Sumra

Jerry Raia
06-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Some programs aren't very good about how they install themselves. With only one program installed I would suspect the program itself. What program is it?

Mike Temporale
06-27-2006, 03:11 PM
If it's only 1 program installed, then I agree with Jerry, it could be the program. What is it?

also, could be free space issue on the device. If you run Task Manager and press Menu / System Info, how much storage memory is free?

MRSumra
07-05-2006, 05:35 AM
HI,
Only one program is installed and this is my own created .cab file.
Even i install skype or some other software on it, it didn't show them
in add/remove programs. but shows in ActiveSync Add/Remove.
Same software successfully installed in Qtek 8020... Thoughts...?????

Regards,
Riz Sumra