View Full Version : 2125 Pass-through via Bluetooth .. also .. JEYO software???

bz999
01-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Hey everybody. Finally got my phone last week. It rocks. Anyways quick question. Ive ordered bluetooth for my dell notebook and am just waiting for the part so cant actually mess with it.

1. Just curious. Can i surf the web/chat/activesync via Bluetooth over my LAN coonection connected to the laptop? I know most poeple use the phone as a modem for the laptop .. but is it tough to do vice versus???

2. Also.. JEYO made a program for OUTLOOK for with SMS support via the laptop called MOBILE EXTENDER .. i used it with my old SMT5600. however, doesnt look like it flies anymore with WM5.0. Anybody know of any outlook macros/plugins that i can use to send SMS via OUTLOOK???

thanks
matt

Jerry Raia
01-24-2006, 02:03 AM
Also.. JEYO made a program for OUTLOOK for with SMS support via the laptop called MOBILE EXTENDER .. i used it with my old SMT5600. however, doesnt look like it flies anymore with WM5.0.

Works just fine on my 2125. :)

bz999
01-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Also.. JEYO made a program for OUTLOOK for with SMS support via the laptop called MOBILE EXTENDER .. i used it with my old SMT5600. however, doesnt look like it flies anymore with WM5.0.

Works just fine on my 2125. :)

Alright. Im a dumbass. maybe it was was spyware scanners or some program not allowing it to show up with outlook. :D Everything is working A OK.

Yet im still curious .. can i surf the web through my laptop's high speed connection via the 2125. That way im not using any data plan :?:

Thanks for all help so far.

Jerry Raia
01-25-2006, 07:08 PM
can i surf the web through my laptop's high speed connection via the 2125. That way im not using any data plan :?:

If you mean surf the web on your 2125 through your laptop yes that will work.

bz999
01-26-2006, 05:56 PM
can i surf the web through my laptop's high speed connection via the 2125. That way im not using any data plan :?:

Any ideas on howto setup the phone/laptop to do so???

bz999
01-26-2006, 06:22 PM

Any ideas on howto setup the phone/laptop to do so???

Well I got it working. Just setup ICS on the windows xp machine. Set internet explorer to auto-detect on the 2125. WHALA! Unplugged my internet conenction to sorta verify it was using the LAN and not GPRS.

Is there a way i can totally disable GPRS from ever accidently configuring and running accidently????

Mike Temporale
01-26-2006, 06:46 PM
You mean you never want the phone to connect over GPRS even when your laptop isn't around? If so, just change the connection settings on the phone.

rodcleve
07-04-2006, 04:18 PM
I've just purchased a usb bluetooth for my PC and I can not get internet exploer or active sync to recognize my 2125. The bluetooth software recognizes the device but no other program. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks