View Full Version : Using 2125 to Pull E-mail from Netmail Account

SirHelm
01-19-2006, 10:28 PM
I was wondering if it was possible to have the 2125's current software or if there was a phone app that would allow me to login to my companies netmail and pull down e-mail.

Our company does not allow us to install 3rd party software (Rules out Xpress Mail), and they only support the Treo for goodlink..

A co-worker has a Blackberry 7105 from T-Mobile, and he is able to do so from it.

Thanks!

SH

Mike Temporale
01-20-2006, 03:22 AM
Without knowing anything about your companies mail/network setup, I would say that all you need to do is get a hold of your POP or IMAP server information and dump it into Pocket Outlook.

What do you use on the desktop at work?

SirHelm
01-20-2006, 06:13 AM
We are running outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003 on the back end.

I really do not know how the blackberry is doing it. It seems to just need to have the login account and the webaddy for the netmail.

I can always redirect from outlook, but it is the ability to reply using netmail is the key......

Thanks

SH

Also once you setup MSN - Hotmail, Messenger, etc... Can you log off of it? I can't seem to find out how to do it.

Jerry Raia
01-21-2006, 01:10 AM
I think the Blackberry uses its own server. Exchange 2003 needs to be set up for mobile access. Its a simple check box per account in the server but you'll need to get them to check the box for you. Otherwise like Mike said exchange will also do POP and IMAP.

Mike Temporale
01-21-2006, 02:51 AM
What is this netmail thing, and why do you care about it? Chances are good that you can connect to your exchange server with the software already on your phone. Setup a new IMAP account on your phone and get the server/account information from your desktop Outlook settings. That should be all you need to do.

Jerry, do they have to turn that mobile key on for you to pull email? Isn't that just for it to push email out - and by push I mean the activeSync SMS method or MSFP.

Jerry Raia
01-21-2006, 03:03 AM
Jerry, do they have to turn that mobile key on for you to pull email? Isn't that just for it to push email out - and by push I mean the activeSync SMS method or MSFP.

Yes to pull email by connecting directly to the exchange server, it has to be turned on, not for IMAP or POP. It was like that before push email even came out I believe.