View Full Version : Cannot sync playlists from WMP10 to Audiovox SMT5600

FireCop
01-19-2006, 04:39 AM
I can sync my music between Windows Media Player 10 and my Audiovox SMT5600 Smartphone fine. When I try to sync a playlist, it simply syncs the songs into the "Music" folder on my storage card. Does anyone know how to sync a playlist so that it appears in "My Playlists" in WMP10 Mobile? :twisted:

Mike Temporale
01-19-2006, 06:32 PM
I have to admit that I have never tried to sync playlists. I just copy music to my storage card and they play the whole folder. I do recall hearing a lot of complaints about playlists, but I can't recall the details.

Instead of sync'ing, can you just copy and paste the playlist to your storage card?

racerx
03-23-2006, 02:34 AM
I have the TCPMP (Core Media Player) installed. I create my playlists using that right on the phone. I kinda sucks since it isn't anywhere near as easy as just copying the file, but it works.

Sven Johannsen
03-23-2006, 04:44 AM
To sync the playlist, along with the songs in it (or them), you have to set up automatic syncing. You select automatic from the sync setup and it will give you the opportunity to select which list(s) you wish to sync. If the songs are already on the device, it won't copy them again.

This is really designed for Portable Media Centers where you can set up to sync automatically generated lists like 'Recorded TV not yet viewed'. Each night when you sync it would copy over what you recorded that day and delete what you had time to watch during the day. On phones and PPCs you have to keep in mind your limited storage, though you can still select those auto lists.

racerx
03-24-2006, 12:19 AM
Boy, I tell you, that would have been great do know a while ago! I just chose all of the play lists I had created and since the music was already there, it just created the playlists as simple as can be. That's the kind of thing they should really explain better! I can't tell you how much time I've wasted trying to get playlists to sink to my phone and my iPAQ and couldn't figure out why.

Of course, I also thought it was really stupid of Microsoft to remove the playlist creation capability anyway. I understand that they want the PC to be your central machine, but you're not always AT your machine when you want to do some stuff.

Thanks for that insight!

</RacerX>

vlcano57
05-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Now when you update your playlist will it update it on your device so you do not have to keep syncing over and over?

Sven Johannsen
05-16-2006, 02:13 AM
Now when you update your playlist will it update it on your device so you do not have to keep syncing over and over?Yes, one of two ways. If you start up WMP and the device is connected it will update whatever needs to be. you can also turn on media sync in AS and it will update even if WMP isn't running.

vlcano57
05-16-2006, 02:37 AM
Where is the media sync option to enable ???
I have AS 3.7.1?
Under Options?

Sven Johannsen
05-17-2006, 01:33 AM
Where is the media sync option to enable ???
I have AS 3.7.1?
Under Options?Under 4.x unfortunately. For goodness sake don't upgrade for this though.

Mobilelifelover
06-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Whilst on this topic, my C550 only syncs the first track to the storeage card (could be 10 or so waiting to be synced) and then aborts - every time. Really annoying. When you try again it refuses to recognise the hardware so you have to disconnect and then connect again. Any ideas ?

Mike Temporale
06-05-2006, 05:49 PM
If I recall, there was some issue with ssync on the older Winmo2003 device. Something about it not sync'ing to the storage card. Sorry I can't offer much more. That's what pops into my head.