View Full Version : new i300

mho
01-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Hi,
i have just recently got my i300, i replaced my o2 xda exec with this as i wanted a more practical phone (didnt really like WM5 either).
Really like the phone, have just been playing around with the settings and profiles so far. I was just wondering if there were any 3rd party programs which are definately recommended to install, e.g. a 3rd party PIM program.

Thanks.

Michael.

Mike Temporale
01-17-2006, 01:58 AM
hi Michael, Welcome to the site!

I'm not sure of the application lock status on the i300, so I would recommend trying applications before you buy them. Just in case they don't load or work on your phone. I think your phone is application unlocked, but I haven't heard too much on that yet.

There are plenty of 3rd party applications. The hands-down winner for replacement calendar, IMHO, is Papyrus from SBSH ( http://www.smartphone.net/smartphonethoughts/software_detail.asp?id=1085 Affiliate)

mho
01-17-2006, 01:55 PM
thanks, ill try it out.
If its program locked, that means u cannot install any 3rd party apps on it? its abit silly for a windows mobile phone isnt it!

Mike Temporale
01-17-2006, 02:53 PM
If its program locked, that means u cannot install any 3rd party apps on it? its abit silly for a windows mobile phone isnt it!

That's almost right. You can't install "unsigned" 3rd party applications. It may seem silly, but it actually provides the carrier an extra level of security to help protect your phone against malicious programs.