View Full Version : sp5m error message driving me crazzzzyyyy

annyksa
01-16-2006, 12:22 PM
for the past 2 days i've been getting this message constantly that tells me that i need to free up some storeage on my device, well, i check the task manager and no programs are running, i have no music on the device and only maybe 6 pics on the phone storeage so why lately i'm getting this annoying message? how can i fix this? thanks alot
p.s.---it says i used 16 mb of the storeage memory and i only have 1.74 free memory, i cannot see what i used it on since there are now no pictures, no music, no nothing, any ideas?

Mike Temporale
01-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Open Pocket Internet Explorer and under the menu/options/general (I think) you can clean out the cache. That will fix your problems. :wink:

annyksa
01-16-2006, 03:25 PM
thanks for your reply, but i've already done this and the temp files didn;t amount to more than a few kb's. Somewhere i've used 16mb and i don;t know where, if anyone has a clue, plz let me in on it!-i did manage to free up a few kb which stopped that message from hounding me, still now i only have 1 mb and a few kbs free, wierd.

stumpy
01-16-2006, 06:39 PM
have you changed settings on your activesync where you synchronize favorites/media or there might be some outlook mail that has large attachements.

saltysteve
01-17-2006, 09:02 PM
ok I had the same problem. i erased everything from call history to pics and i still got the message. I finally went ahead and did a factory rest which somehow cleared everything up. I wouldnt have done this but i couldnt even send a text or do anything without it popping up. Im not so sure the phone works at all without a memory card. I went onto ebay and bought a TOPRAM 2gb (120x) card totaling to $163. Yes expensive but also came with a USB card reader and standard XD adpter. Ever since i've had the extra memory i have not seen that error message. Card works great with the phone by the way.

annyksa
01-19-2006, 10:17 AM
Hello, that error message seems to come to my phone with no reason at all, after all running programs are shut, and nothing is in the storeage memory it comes randomly. i have only a 128 mb card which is big enough for my small needs. I don;t use outlook either, i already did a factory reset for the locking problem i had with it. i guess if you are going to own a computer/phone then u have to expect problems, maybe the models in the future will be more fine tuned. thanks for your help and suggestions :lol: