View Full Version : SP5 and new themes not working

aarcam
01-14-2006, 11:06 PM
Just got my SP5 this week (very happy with the device) but have hit a snag on the themes front.

When I copy over a new .xml file and select it under Start/Settings/Home screen > Home screen layout, the top bar shows as white when I am on my home screen. Any icons that are not white show as they should. On any other screen than home, the proper colors are displayed, but when I return to the home screen I have a nice white bar across the top. I have tried numerous .xml files from different locations and had the same result. Any of the Home Screen Layouts that came on the device work fine but new ones produce the white bar. I have power cycled the phone with a new .xml selected with the same results as above.

Any thoughts as to what causes this and/or how to fix it? TIA.

Mike Temporale
01-15-2006, 02:13 AM
Are you using home screens that are made for QVGA / Windows Mobile 5 devices?

aarcam
01-15-2006, 11:58 AM
I am using QVGA screens for WM5. I have not installed any programs yet or changed anything that would cause the new .xml files to not work (other than adding basic info and synching with outlook). I cant seem to find any similar problems on any of the forums. Thanks.

Mike Temporale
01-15-2006, 12:45 PM
Well, I don't really know what else would cause this. Themes are very basic. Do you have a link for one of these home screens? I'll download it and try it out too.

aarcam
01-15-2006, 08:35 PM
These are skins by Kleinweder and Juni (+others), stuff that I am just about 100% sure that they would work.

*UPDATE* as I am typing this I tried one more time and now it works. I dont understand. I swear I tired every combination, Homescreen layout SELECT THEME, with Background imafe as Default, or manually assigned to the correct theme and every other darn combination.

Again, I have not installed any software or made any changes, other than the changes made to my liver last night saying farewell to a fried. Hmm, it did get dropped from about 24in off the ground. Oh well it works, thanks for the help.

Mike Temporale
01-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Hrm... Not sure what happened. Maybe it just needed a reboot?

Anyway, glad to hear it's working now. Wish we could have figured out what caused it.

Jerry Raia
01-15-2006, 10:16 PM
I had the same thing happen with a couple of new themes. I ended up resizing the images in the themes. There are also position parameters in the xml file that I think I messed with. Once you resize the image the template is off. After a bunch of tweaking I finally got it to come out right.