View Full Version : Smartphone software that multi-syncs with other users - HELP!

techymommy
01-11-2006, 09:36 PM
8O Can someone help me with this new software I just got?

My husband is a hardcore techy and bought me this smartphone about 6 months ago. I can barely figure out all the features, it is a little more than I needed. BUT - he just downloaded this program for us to share that is called List Manager. It lets us create lists - any kind like grocery, birthday gift lists, wine lists or whatever - and share them and sync them from wherever we are.

I use it for grocery shopping - it is great since I usually forget what I wrote on the fridge or miss the things he included later. I sync at the store and I have the updated list right with me. I think he even gets the update when I sync - I haven't quite figured the whole thing out yet.

Have any of you out there who use this phone a lot seen this? If so can you help me understand all it can do? I am not sure my husband gets it. The company name that comes up is Unwired Software Inc.

Please help me with this - it seems cool but I am not sure I totally get what I am supposed to do with it.

Thanks

Sven Johannsen
01-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Don't know if you are a schill for these guys or for real*, but this looks really neat. I will definately give it a try, and look forward to hearing if someone here has tried this already.

P.S. If you are for real, welcome to the site, and what kind of phone have you?

*hope this doesn't offend you, but that sort of thing is common. ;)

techymommy
01-17-2006, 11:38 PM
No offense taken, I am not a schill (I am assuming that means someone who works for this Unwired company.)

Have you had a chance to get it? I am getting the hang of it a little. It seems like when I update something it does actually sync with my husband. You are supposed to be able to sync with anyone who has the software. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who has it, yet.

Hopefully people will respond to the posting and I can see if it really works like it says.

My phone is a Smartphone by Verizon and Samsung. That is all I know. Sorry! :?

SmoothMoves
01-20-2006, 06:42 AM
Hi!
I'm a newbie here, but I recently bought ListManager, too. I use it to keep track of what I need to do (or buy) when I'm running between my customers and the printshops (did I say I'm a graphic-designer?). 8)
And if something pop up while I'm gone, my employee just updates it from my desktop machine.

Not everything was smooth - there were some issues in the the installation. Apparently there is a problem if you're running updated version of ActiveSync - go figure! But I called Unwired Software, and the guy was very helpful, solved the problem in few minutes. That wasn't some guy sitting in India, if you know what I mean.

Oh, don't forget to check out the color-schemes that come with it! Totally cool.

shindullin
02-02-2006, 01:51 AM
Hmmmm. Two brand new users post on a relativly complex product and then nothing... I smell a shill. Is it actually any good?

encece
02-09-2006, 04:45 AM
Totally fake post. Reads just like their "testimonials" on their site. Cheesy way to promote software...but it's doing it's job by making everyone look I guess.

Since you guys are reading. How about making a SHARED CALENDAR application? I'd like to see MY calendar as well as OTHER'S Calendars on my phone. Synchronizing in the same manner.

For example:

"I bought my wife a new Smartphone. Sure it's a bit more than she needs. But I installed UNWIRED SOFTWARE'S WE-SYNC and now she can see my schedule right next to her's. We always know when each other is available and keep each other aware of our ever changing schedules. I even scheduled in a little romance time for us which, now, she's sure not to miss. Wink. Wink. Thanks UNWIRED SOFTWARE!!! You made my sex life better!!!"
:)

encece
02-09-2006, 04:49 AM
I accidentally remembered the name of the software I used to use on my Palm. It was indeed called WeSync and named above.

http://www.wesync.com/wesyncUSER/wesync/home/index.asp

This was a cool application and if someone could make it I'd be sure to buy it! :)

shindullin
02-10-2006, 01:40 AM
I love the idea. If they ever created it, I would buy it too. Maybe they can add it to 4smartphone.net. I should email them and suggest it...