View Full Version : 2125 settings for Display timeout compared to Backlit timeouts

stumpy
01-09-2006, 11:02 PM
I don't know if it's just me but the Display timeout settings have no impact just the backlit timeouts. First of all what is the difference between the two and then why have the backlit timeouts if you can't ajust them. :?

Sven Johannsen
01-09-2006, 11:48 PM
I can tell you the difference. The Display timeout actually shuts off the display, while the backlight just turns of the light behind it. With the backlight off you can often still see the screen depending on the lighting. With display off there isn't anything there.

The two adjustments are much more valuable on a touch screen device, IMHO. If you have the backlight set to turn off a bit before the display, then it warns you, you need to tap the screen to keep the device "on". With most folks likely having it set to only react to a power button when off, it keeps you from having to power up the device in the middle of something.

I expect that the Display off might be used in conjunction with Keylock, so that once the screen goes off you need to hit the unlock and second key to get back to doing stuff, if you have it set that way, or can.

stumpy
01-10-2006, 12:42 AM
Hey I appreciate the explanation between the 2 my issue is on a 2125 when I change the Backlit to 10 sec timeout and the display to 1 min timout nothing happens after 10sec of inactivity, after 1 min the display turns off. I know what your talking about seeing the display with the backlit turned off. I guess its a bug?

Sven Johannsen
01-10-2006, 08:04 PM
I guess its a bug?

Could be. My devices definately react to a backlight off shorter than the display off settings. Maybe other 2125 users can confirm the issue or let you know it is working on theirs.