View Full Version : Cellphones Linked to Stressful Family Life

Mike Temporale
01-08-2006, 03:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060105/tc_nm/cell_phones_family_tension_dc;_ylt=Ag4t3n14YuJLBL_G0ChacE9T.3QA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl' target='_blank'>http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060105/tc_nm/cell_phones_family_tension_dc;_ylt=Ag4t3n14YuJLBL_G0ChacE9T.3QA;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl</a><br /><br /></div><i>"The round-the-clock availability that cell phones and pagers have brought to people's lives may be taking a toll on family life, a new study suggests. The study, which followed more than 1,300 adults over 2 years, found that those who consistently used a mobile phone or pager throughout the study period were more likely to report negative "spillover" between work and home life -- and, in turn, less satisfaction with their family life. Spillover essentially means that the line between work and home begins to blur. Work life may invade home life -- when a parent is taking job-related calls at home, for instance -- or household issues may start to take up work time."</i><br /><br />We've talked about how the power of mobility in general has blurred the line between home and work a number of times before. What I found interesting in this article, was that the study seems to indicate it's all the cellphone's fault. So, it's perfectly fine to read and reply to email 24-7. Just don't answer the phone. :lol: :wink:

Jerry Raia
01-08-2006, 05:47 PM
I'm in the 21-7 category. I gotta get a little sleep in there someplace. :lol:

phut60
01-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Often I see parents in their SUV's both Mom and Dad on their mobile phones, a couple little kids in the back seat watching a movie.... ah the joys of family life. GET OFF your phones, turn of the movie and talk to your kids.
Old Guy Philip

Rocco Augusto
01-09-2006, 07:35 PM
this is exactly why i use SmartFilter. when im away from work i send all work related calls to my voicemail. if its an emergancy they know how to leave a message ;)

AbieNguyen
01-11-2006, 03:36 AM
Not everybody gets phonecall at home because of work 8)

I myself can be seen as an example: phones are helping me to catch a husband for life (i mean flirting or calls after work:")

So phones sometimes help u to build up family life not just distract it :oops:

So what i mean? single life +smartphone are so perfect..ha..ha..