View Full Version : Anyone else's company changed their policy on camera phones?

hotdram
01-08-2006, 12:29 AM
I work for the #3 defense contractor in the U.S. (Latin name: Light of the Gods ;) ).
As you would expect security is a major issue at our facilities and we were not allowed to bring in camera phones. As of December 1, 2005 though, my company's policy was changed. Corporate security has now decided to allow employees to bring camera enabled cell phones/PDAs on site. (The brief said basically because a phone without a camera is getting hard to come by). Common sense applies, don't use the camera or voice recording capabilites of your device at work, don't take these devices into secure labs/areas etc. etc. etc.
Finally :) All summer, I left my phone in the truck in the Texas heat. I worried I was shortening my battery life or life of the screen, no more though.

Anyone else's company changed their policy?

~Rob

Mike Temporale
01-08-2006, 02:31 AM
Cool.

I'm sure this won't be a trend anytime soon, but it's nice to see that some companies are looking at the situation and making changes as required. 8)

shindullin
02-02-2006, 02:08 AM
I work in the courts and for a few years they made everyone give up their camera phones. Then they let court staff and attorneys keep them and last year they gave up and let everyone keep them. I have a feeling that the institutions/businesses that just say no because it's easier to say no than yes will start deciding that the universality of the camera phones are actually making yes more convenient than no.