View Full Version : Cingular 2125 & BMW

encece
01-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Can anyone confirm that the phone works with the BMW Motorola Handsfree system from the 5 series???

Sven Johannsen
01-03-2006, 10:58 PM
Can anyone confirm that the phone works with the BMW Motorola Handsfree system from the 5 series???

Send me the BMW and I'll check it for you. I'll be happy to source the phone myself ;)

encece
01-03-2006, 11:13 PM
:D I wish I had one. It's the owner of my company's upcoming car.

Sven Johannsen
01-03-2006, 11:46 PM
:D I wish I had one. It's the owner of my company's upcoming car.

He needs a handsfree set? Doesn't he have someone who talks on the phone for him :)

Hope someone can help you, but I can tell you that my HTC WM5 PPCPEs work with my Jeep UConnect where neither my SMT5600 or my MPX220 did. Maybe they have got it right for more universality. (is that a word?)

encece
01-04-2006, 01:54 AM
indupitably!

encece
01-13-2006, 12:12 AM
BTW....this works just fine. And it transfers all contacts over to the BMW system as well. \o/

Now if I only had the funds for a BMW. Guess my Hyundai will have to do.

Kris Kumar
01-14-2006, 06:22 AM
BTW....this works just fine. And it transfers all contacts over to the BMW system as well. \o/

Now if I only had the funds for a BMW. Guess my Hyundai will have to do.

That is cool. 8) :drool:

lancia
02-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Here is the BMW's official stance on bluetooth devices that work in their cars:

http://www.bmwusa.com/NR/rdonlyres/65E4431A-0A6F-4AB0-AE7F-2C11F6AE30A0/0/Bluetooth_phones.pdf

I have spent some time on the phone with BMW and Sprint talking about bluetooth related items and my car. The gist is that it "should" work but the above list is what the BMW engineers have actually tested. They really don't even want to talk to you unless you have a "supported" phone.

encece
02-07-2006, 09:23 PM
The BMW dealer my boss went to had a tech guy on staff. he apparently roams from dealership to dealership just dealing with this stuff.

Funny that the purchase of this car hinged on it's ability to connect and sync with a phone. So in the end...it was the SP5m Smartphone that sold the car! :)

lancia
02-07-2006, 09:27 PM
The BMW dealer my boss went to had a tech guy on staff. he apparently roams from dealership to dealership just dealing with this stuff.

Funny that the purchase of this car hinged on it's ability to connect and sync with a phone. So in the end...it was the SP5m Smartphone that sold the car! :)

LOL...this is not uncommon, especially for someone who travels in a car a lot. I just told my wife yesterday that my new car has to work with my ppc6700. So I will be taking my phone with me when I buy my new car in August ;)

Gadgetry in cars is far behind technology trends. The japanese seem to be leading the pack, with the germans far behind, and the americans even further. I hope we start seeing this sort of useful device integration on more and more models as standard faire.