View Full Version : Back To Basics....Simple Themes

encece
12-28-2005, 04:12 AM
I made a simple littl etheme for myself, using my son's pic (ain't he so cute!) The Vista Grass Background and some elements from Kleinweder's new Vista Theme to save time.

http://www.encece.com/shared/JoeyVista.JPG

Sometimes you just gotta get rid of all of the crap on your homescreen and just go with the basics.

hotdram
12-28-2005, 04:34 AM
:turn-l:
Way cool!!

I agree with you on simpifying things. I have a cluttered home screen because I use RJShortcuts. Thinking about going back to one of the simpler versions already on the phone. I mean, do I really need to know my battery temperature?

PS: How did you get the screen capture from your phone?
~Rob

Mike Temporale
12-28-2005, 04:50 AM
I made a simple littl etheme for myself, using my son's pic (ain't he so cute!) The Vista Grass Background and some elements from Kleinweder's new Vista Theme to save time.

What! I'm still using his christmas homescreen. Sometimes he pumps them out too fast! ;)

Nice job on the home screen. I'm always one for simple when it comes to home screens. 8)

encece
12-28-2005, 05:04 AM
just the regular SmartSS

Google it. i'll look for a link too.

:turn-l:
Way cool!!

I agree with you on simpifying things. I have a cluttered home screen because I use RJShortcuts. Thinking about going back to one of the simpler versions already on the phone. I mean, do I really need to know my battery temperature?

PS: How did you get the screen capture from your phone?
~Rob

Mike Temporale
12-28-2005, 05:25 AM
just the regular SmartSS

Google it. i'll look for a link too.

Here ya go [Affiliate] --> http://www.smartphone.net/smartphonethoughts/software_detail.asp?id=506

hotdram
12-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Thanks guys :)

~Rob

Mike Temporale
12-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Hey encece, what did you use to remove the background from your son's picture? The edges looks so clean. I've never been able to get it to look like that.

encece
12-30-2005, 08:09 AM
There is a tool in Photoshop called extract.
You put a fat "marker" line around that part you are cutting out. Covering the area half of what you are keeping, half of the background being cut. Then you fill the area being kept and Viola!

It is literally just like tracking the outline with a marker. No need to be exact at all.

if you have a clean background....like a solid color, it works beautifully.

If you have a busy background with colors that blend into what you are keeping....like brown behind someone with brown hair...you may need to do a little bit of cleaning up with a clone stamp or smudger.

I needed to smudge his left ear lobe and draw in a tiny bit of hair on his left side to clean up that pic. Nothing major at all.

Actually, if you look at the sticking up hair on his right side...I could have done that a tiny bit better.

Mike Temporale
12-30-2005, 01:52 PM
huh. I've used extract, but never gotten the results that you have. I guess I need to keep trying. :wink:

encece
12-30-2005, 03:33 PM
That was a 4MP photo out in the sun so it was really crisp to start out with if that matters.