View Full Version : Cingular 2125 Unavailable

divinus
12-27-2005, 11:27 PM
Does anyone else get the 2125 as a phone option from Cingular's website? It was there on the 23rd (last I checked), but it seems they've removed it after Christmas...

I even googled around for a direct link and it comes up blank:

http://onlinestorez.cingular.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phones/cell-phones.jsp?v=1&q_categoryId=1717200027&q_deviceId=cdsku9870100&WT.svl=mod22

Jerry Raia
12-28-2005, 01:54 AM
Not on the west coast web site either.

Mike Temporale
12-28-2005, 04:43 AM
Great. Why does Cingular put phones up and pull them down so much. :roll:

bz999
12-28-2005, 06:26 AM
When the phones are moving outa inventory too fast and are backordered they are taken offline to keep up with shipping and customer service. They will be back once they get the next shipment in their warehouse. Question is, when do these babies appear in the brick and mortar retail stores ??

Mike Temporale
12-28-2005, 12:44 PM
When the phones are moving outa inventory too fast and are backordered they are taken offline to keep up with shipping and customer service. They will be back once they get the next shipment in their warehouse. Question is, when do these babies appear in the brick and mortar retail stores ??

But this is confusing to the customer who is looking and comparing models only to find the model they like is no longer listed. Wouldn't it be more logical to show an inventory label or a backordered warning? Imagine if Amazon pulled a listing just because they didn't have the stock - people would be lost trying to find a product. Amazon simply adjusts the shippment date.

Sovi
12-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Hello,

I am new to forum, but have been reading/learning from all. I ordered the 2125 from the Cingular Website the Wednesday before Christmas, and when didn't arrive, they couldn't find the order -- and then finally did but informed me it was on backorder. I think because it is no longer listed on their website it also is not something I can track. Each time I call customer service they can't find the order all over again and then suddenly do.

I agree with the previous posters about just *listing* it as back-ordered to give the option of waiting, but at least knowing it's there.

Now I am moving through my '30 days return policy'... with no phone to decide.

I am former ATT, using Motorola MPX200 that finally is showing its age. I was off contract and could've gone to anyone - now am 2 years to Cingular still with no phone.

Sorry, did not want first post to be a disrespect - just frustrated! The posts here have been very helpful in getting me to *want* the 2125! Just have to get it now!

Thanks,

Sovi

Mike Temporale
12-28-2005, 05:04 PM
Hey Sovi, welcome to the site!

I don't think you're 30days starts until you get your hands on the phone. I'm only guessing, but it doesn't seem fair that you're trial period starts before you even have the phone. :?

booku20
12-28-2005, 10:38 PM
The same thing happened to me. I ordered it. Order was canceled and I was never notified. I reordered and now they tell me they're in backorder. However, I got a call from my store telling me that they now have it in stock. Cingular's inventory management is a nightmare. Has anyone heard when the next shipment should be in and backorders will start to release?

jfreiman
12-28-2005, 11:49 PM
That happened to me too - on Wednesday!!!

They had no explanation - NONE when I called about it on Tuesday.

I had to re-order the phone and now it's on its way.

-John
(PS. this is a replacement for my less than 2 week old 2125 which keeps going into flight mode on it's own.) :x

bz999
12-29-2005, 12:51 AM

But this is confusing to the customer who is looking and comparing models only to find the model they like is no longer listed. Wouldn't it be more logical to show an inventory label or a backordered warning? Imagine if Amazon pulled a listing just because they didn't have the stock - people would be lost trying to find a product. Amazon simply adjusts the shippment date.

LOL. We are indeed talkin about CINGULAR .. right?? lol. ok no further questions!! LOLOL. Naw, i agree, theyre e-commerce practice are totally ass backwards! They should emulate DELL.

jfreiman
12-29-2005, 12:58 AM
That happened to me too - on Wednesday!!!

They had no explanation - NONE when I called about it on Tuesday.

I had to re-order the phone and now it's on its way.

-John
(PS. this is a replacement for my less than 2 week old 2125 which keeps going into flight mode on it's own.) :x

Great - I just got off the phone with Cingular and found out that BOTH phones I ordered, 12/22 and 12/27 are both on backorder!!!

Why couldn't they have just told me that the the first one was on backorder and not have ordered me two! :roll:

Now they don't even know when the replacement(s) will ship/be in stock.

Kris Kumar
12-29-2005, 04:47 AM
LOL. We are indeed talkin about CINGULAR .. right?? lol. ok no further questions!! LOLOL. Naw, i agree, theyre e-commerce practice are totally ass backwards! They should emulate DELL.

I just switched to Cingular. I also went thru my own fair share of ordering woes before I managed to get a great deal.

But I can't stress enough, Cingular's Web site is crazy. They definitely don't know how to spell e-commerce:
- The Cingular Premier and retail Web sites have two different prices.
- The plan that I ordered over the phone was never provided/enabled.
- The online welcome kit had different plan details then the one I got.
- The order status email said that I have ordered only "one" SIM for two phones. :? The package I received had two.
- The only saving grace. I was supposed to get the package after 3 days. But got it the next day. Woohoo!

Jerry Raia
12-29-2005, 05:49 AM
Cingular's entire web site is a complete disaster. Wait till you try to use it for billing.

jfreiman
12-29-2005, 05:54 AM
Cingular's entire web site is a complete disaster. Wait till you try to use it for billing.

LOL - tell me about it. It's laughable! Who designed the back end?

1. You pay your bill
2. It's reflected to your account
3. You get an email a week later telling you that your bill is ready.
3a. ???? I just paid my bill!!!
3b. You check the web site and POOF! The bill you paid is gone!
4. You call customer service explain to them what happened and they agree that you paid your bill and that the web site takes "a few days" to update
5. You lean to ignore the web sites data.

Am I missing anything?

Jerry Raia
12-29-2005, 06:00 AM
Yes. Don't forget the place where you add or remove features to your account. Only a fool would attempt to make any changes there. :lol:

Kris Kumar
12-29-2005, 01:55 PM
Thanks for boosting the confidence in Cingular.

I am hoping to setup the autopay and then forget it altogether. I hope things don't change on their own. If I dont mess with it. It should stay the same. Right? :?

Jerry Raia
12-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Thanks for boosting the confidence in Cingular.

I am hoping to setup the autopay and then forget it altogether. I hope things don't change on their own. If I dont mess with it. It should stay the same. Right? :?

Of course it will! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

davidees
12-31-2005, 05:45 AM
I was able to order one yesterday through their business to business link. It should be delivered by Tuesday.

Jerry Raia
12-31-2005, 09:04 AM
Let us know how you make out and welcome to the site!

jfreiman
12-31-2005, 08:17 PM
I was able to order one yesterday through their business to business link. It should be delivered by Tuesday.

Well, I hope for your sake they are correct on the ship date.

They told me on both the 22nd and the 27th that I would have the 2125 on the next day.

-John

davidees
01-03-2006, 01:53 AM
I checked my order on their website and it looks like it's backordered. I guess that puts me with everyone else that's waiting. Either the salesperson on the phone didn't know or she was just "closing a sale." Got to say, I'm disappointed.

On another note, this'll be my first smartphone. I'm venturing over from Palm pda's. Looking forward to learning a lot from the folks on this site.

Happy New Year!

Jerry Raia
01-03-2006, 02:15 AM
That's frustrating. It would be nice if the left hand knew what the right hand was doing.

Mike Temporale
01-03-2006, 02:23 AM
On another note, this'll be my first smartphone. I'm venturing over from Palm pda's. Looking forward to learning a lot from the folks on this site.

Cool. Welcome to the site. Feel free to ask questions - It's always great to get a new perspective, especially when you're background isn't with Windows Mobile.

jfreiman
01-04-2006, 11:16 PM
My backordered 2125 shipped today from Ft. Worth and will arrive tomorrow!!! :)

Hopefully everyone else who's waiting for one will have their phone(s) ship out today as well.

Rocco Augusto
01-05-2006, 12:11 AM
My backordered 2125 shipped today from Ft. Worth and will arrive tomorrow!!! :)

Hopefully everyone else who's waiting for one will have their phone(s) ship out today as well.

im getting mine monday.

Rocco Augusto
01-08-2006, 02:53 AM
my boss was nice and hand delivered me my 2125 today along with our stores shipment. this is our second shipment of the phones so i dunno why all the other stores dont have them yet.

http://www.splashblog.com/nerdofsteel/201861.jpg

Jerry Raia
01-08-2006, 03:08 AM
Was that picture taken with an Mpx220? :rotfl:

Rocco Augusto
01-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Was that picture taken with an Mpx220? :rotfl:

it was taken with my friends WM5 5600 that i was "borrowing" for a few weeks. really i just stole it from him till i got my 2125 but i gave it back so he could finish testing some software he's writing :)

davidees
01-11-2006, 10:49 PM
I got mine on Monday! What a beautiful phone; I don't care about the "hump."

This is my first venture into the world of Smartphones. So where (which forum) do I start asking questions? Such as: what contacts would you put on the sim card and which stay in the phone? There are about 100 copied from my Outlook.

jfreiman
01-11-2006, 11:34 PM
what contacts would you put on the sim card and which stay in the phone? There are about 100 copied from my Outlook.

There's a question for everyone... Does ANYONE use the SIM for storing contacts?

The feature is very limited in terms of the data the SIM stores. It would be nice if Outlook could offset the RAM/Memory requirenments for storing the entire Outlook database with the SIM.

In answer to your question. I transferred all my SIM contacts to Outlook and deleted the ones on the SIM.

Jerry Raia
01-11-2006, 11:35 PM
I've never used the sim to store contacts.

davidees
01-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Well, I was wondering why "save to sim" comes up on the contact menus, and "new sim contact." I assumed there must be some value, but if not - fine.

Mike Temporale
01-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Well, I was wondering why "save to sim" comes up on the contact menus, and "new sim contact." I assumed there must be some value, but if not - fine.

If it's on your SIM card, it moves with you from phone to phone. :wink:

Jerry Raia
01-12-2006, 05:27 PM
It's kind of a mute point on a Smartphone. All you have to do is re sync.

Kris Kumar
01-13-2006, 03:55 AM
It's kind of a mute point on a Smartphone. All you have to do is re sync.

I agree. That reminds me, I have to copy over my wifey's SIM card contacts into Outlook. <BetterGetGoingNow/>

promano
01-13-2006, 05:42 AM
The Cingular 2125 is available via the Cingular website for me.
When my time comes for a new phone, I'll probably just buy it and not renew my contract.
After all, with GSM, all you have to do is just transfer the SIM Chip.

The plan I have now is one I got from AT&T before the Cingular merger.
If I go to Cingular, they will nickel and dime me
for everything that I am getting for FREE now !

Pete...