View Full Version : My MPX220 crapped out on me......

surfer
12-21-2005, 07:36 PM
When I pick up my phone today it just says 'no service' So I say ok let's go to another part of the hotell room to see if I were in a blank spot.... I were not. Tried it with another sim - same problem. Except now it also shuts itself off. Im on a three week vacation in the US visiting relatives and it happened the fourth day. The horror....... Well maybe the only thing to do is to accept the truth and get it serviced when I get home. Im done with this moto crap.

surfer
12-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Also have anyone heared of this problem before. Im running the original 1.15 rom. Would it do any difference if uppgrade to an ASIAN rom? But do anyone know how I could get swedish letters with it?

Mike Temporale
12-21-2005, 07:58 PM
First thing to do, is pull the battery. Let it stand for a good couple hours without power of any kind. Then reinsert the battery and start it up. Don't rush the phone, just let it be and with any luck it will come back to life.

Kris Kumar
12-21-2005, 09:29 PM
I never faced the same problem, but it has happened twice where my Smartphone has stopped working while I was away from home base.

After I got hit the first time. I learnt my lesson. Now I simply hard reset the phone. Install Sprite from CAB file and then recover the backup file. I know this doesn't help you now. But good tip for the future. ;-)

All the best.

BTW: Have you tried hard-reset yet?

Kris Kumar
12-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Noticed that you have even updated your signature. :lol:

surfer
12-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Hehe lesson learned you could say and now it works :) ... Upgraded from rom 1.15 to asian 3.51 and what an upgrade. And the stability... Guess im gonna purchase a copy of sprite back up tonight aswell.

Now I just gotta change my signature :D

Mike Temporale
12-22-2005, 07:48 PM
glad to hear things are back to normal again. 8)

surfer
12-22-2005, 08:59 PM
glad to hear things are back to normal again. 8)

Jup it seems to be a merry christmas :) :D

Mike do you use sprite or what do you use as a backup method?

Mike Temporale
12-22-2005, 10:16 PM
No. Right now I don't have a backup solution. I was using SunnySoft, but I found out the hardway that it doesn't do restore worth a @#$^.

I don't like that Sprite doesn't allow a trial version, plus they don't have a WinMo5 version. They claim it's in the works, but there's nothing to show for it. They just released a beta for PPC, but nothing for SP users. Personally, I don't like their attitude and how they're treating their customers.