View Full Version : South Korea Standardizes Cell Phone Connectors

Jerry Raia
12-21-2005, 07:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Id=1862' target='_blank'>http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Id=1862</a><br /><br /></div><i>"The three mobile service providers in South Korea - SK Telecom, KTF, and LG Telecom - have agreed on a new standardized data/charge port that will be required on all new handsets released in the country. While the traditional argument is that having different ports across different brand cell phones will promote sales of accessories, the three carriers rationalize their decision by saying that standardized connectors will allow development of more value-added services and actually increase sales of accessories."</i><br /><br />We can only hope this is a trend that all phone makers will adopt. Can you imagine a world where you dont have to buy car chargers and other nonsense every time you buy a phone?

hotdram
12-21-2005, 07:56 PM
We can only hope this is a trend that all phone makers will adopt. Can you imagine a world where you dont have to buy car chargers and other nonsense every time you buy a phone?

YEE HAW!!! That would be great. I hate having to buy all new stuff everytime I upgrade a phone. I tend to agree that accessory sales will increase, I would be more inclined to buy more things if I knew I could use them on other phones. We are a house divided, my wife has a Motorola non-smart phone (would that be a dumb phone?) and I have the SMT5600. Would be nice if things were standardized.
Accessories are so expensive, they should just give the phones away (I realize alot of phones can be had for free, but you get what you pay for).

~Rob

Jerry Raia
12-21-2005, 08:08 PM
It's kind of like the $50 printer that you have to buy $50 ink for every few weeks. :lol:

Rocco Augusto
12-21-2005, 08:42 PM
a majority of my commission sales come from accessory sales so in kinda torn on this subject :)

hotdram
12-21-2005, 08:46 PM
It's kind of like the $50 printer that you have to buy $50 ink for every few weeks. :lol:

'zackly

~Rob