View Full Version : Papyrus vs PowerCalendar

Mobilelifelover
12-21-2005, 06:13 PM
Any one tried these calendar replacements ?

I'm trying them both and have to admit that Papyrus appears the best. It has more views than the other and is just as easy to enter information.

I have Power Tasks already but PowerCalendar doesn't seem to match up as well.

Mike Temporale
12-21-2005, 06:58 PM
I would agree. A big plus for Papyrus is the monthly view. I have mine set to default to the monthly view. It's really good to quickly navigate.

Power Calendar had a lot of potential, but it seems like they just sat on it, and haven't really done much to update it and move forward.

Jerry Raia
12-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Papyrus hands down. I gave up on Power Calendar long ago.

encece
12-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Though I loved PowerCalendar and prefered it over Papyrus in the past...I have given up on it as well. Jerry is right. They just sat on it. I, and others had written asking for additional features, especially in the wake of Papyrus. But nothing yet. So I moved on and joined the papyrus bandwagon. (Especially now since they dont really work well with WM5).

Jerry Raia
12-26-2005, 05:52 PM
There should be a WM5 version of Papyrus out soon as well. :D

Mike Temporale
12-27-2005, 01:54 AM
There should be a WM5 version of Papyrus out soon as well. :D

There already is. I've been using it without problems since I got my phone. There are a couple graphical bugs, but nothing major.

Jerry Raia
12-27-2005, 03:02 AM
Version 1.1.24 right? Yeah I have that. Guess I got my dates messed up. It does have some graphical issues as you mentioned.

Mike Temporale
12-27-2005, 03:14 AM
I'm not sure of the version. (I let my battery run down, so the phone is in the other room charging. - I kind of forgot about it with all the other things going on. ) :oops:

Jerry Raia
12-27-2005, 03:22 AM
I'm not sure of the version. (I let my battery run down, so the phone is in the other room charging. - I kind of forgot about it with all the other things going on. ) :oops:

You should have it taken away from you! This is outrageous! :lol:

Mike Temporale
12-27-2005, 03:49 AM
Yeah, I know. When I left home at lunch, it had 1 bar left. That can be anywhere from 35% or so. I didn't actually check this. I guess I should have. I figured it would be enough until I returned, and it might have been. The problem was that I didn't look at it once I got home - not until 7pm. :oops:

Jerry Raia
12-27-2005, 07:47 AM
Yeah, I know. When I left home at lunch, it had 1 bar left. That can be anywhere from 35% or so. I didn't actually check this. I guess I should have. I figured it would be enough until I returned, and it might have been. The problem was that I didn't look at it once I got home - not until 7pm. :oops:

Shame, the shame. 8O

cooleaf
02-21-2006, 07:18 AM
I recall another application named "Agendus" which is also a good replacement of Papyrus, but seems it has Plam and S60 version only. Is there a version on WM, anyone has idea on this? :?: :?: