View Full Version : What To Do With Your Old Smartphone?

Qzic
12-21-2005, 06:47 AM
I have been strongly considering upgrading to the 2125 or even an SP5. The big thing that is stoping me is the lack of resale on the SP3i. Not even one appears on eBay.

What are the rest of you doing with your old smartphones?

Mike Temporale
12-21-2005, 02:12 PM
Hey Qzic, I moved your post over to the Just Chattin' forum, since it doesn't really relate to the Surviour thread. ;)

Anyway, to answer your question... I have a nice little pile of devices. I hope that one day, I can use it to build a ladder to the moon! :lol: Ok, the last part isn't true. I have been planning to list my on ebay. I just haven't got around to it. Just because no one else has a SP3i listed, doesn't mean that someone isn't looking for one. ;)

You can also pass the device along to a friend of family member. My brother is using one of my old dumbphones, and my wife is now using my 5600. 8)

Kris Kumar
12-21-2005, 03:21 PM
I will be holding on to my SP3i. I still have my MPx200. My first Smartphone Red-E.

And also a non-Smartphone Samsung (dont remember the model) which was my first handset. ;-)

But EBay is the best bet.

Unlike Mike who is planning to build a ladder. I am thinking of having them on display in my office room at home. ;-) That is once I have the office room set up.

Mike Temporale
12-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Unlike Mike who is planning to build a ladder. I am thinking of having them on display in my office room at home. ;-) That is once I have the office room set up.

That's a great idea, but I have too many to just have them sit around on display. I've got the an original Tanager, C500, SMT5600, MPx220 (black), MPx220 (silver), and my new SP5m. I'm hoping to add a used Voq to the list soon. :mrgreen:

Of course, that doesn't count my PPCs or older dumbphones. :wink:

Sven Johannsen
12-21-2005, 04:20 PM
A shadow box might be nice ;)

SnozBerries
12-21-2005, 09:29 PM
...I have too many to just have them sit around on display...

That's quite the collection. You should give them to me.

Jerry Raia
12-21-2005, 10:49 PM
I ebay the old whenever I get a new device.

Kris Kumar
12-21-2005, 11:21 PM

How can you be so cold-hearted? :lol:

Jerry Raia
12-21-2005, 11:36 PM

How can you be so cold-hearted? :lol:

:lol: It's probably because I have them for such a short time I never get attached to them.

Mike Temporale
12-22-2005, 02:02 AM
You should give them to me.

I actually have the intent to ebay them. I just haven't gotten around to it. I'm sure it would help reclaim some of the expense of the new SP5m. :D

jfreiman
12-22-2005, 07:48 AM
Giving mine to a close friend who's company assigned him a crackberry - but wishes he had a Windows Mobile. :)

Qzic
12-23-2005, 03:22 AM
I just checked again, and there are now two SP3i's for sale on EBay. I guess a lot of people got new WM5 devices.