View Full Version : Time Display on Today Screen Stuck!!

me
12-20-2005, 01:02 AM
Using an Audiovox SMT-5600, originally locked to ATT Wireless, now application and carrier unlocked, using on T-Mobile USA.

The time display on the Today Screen is now stuck at 4:49 PM. It doesn't change. It's been stuck there for about a day.

Of course, I synced via ActiveSync, which I have set to update the mobile device to system time. (The time is correct on my desktop computer.) That didn't work, the time on the Today screen is stil always 4:49.

I then went to Start Menu (on the SMT5600), Settings, Time/Date. Surprisingly, the correct time appeared there. The system time on the phone is correct! But the time on the Today Screen is stuck at 4:49 PM.

I went to Home Screen in Settings, and tried changing to different home screens. But no matter to which I changed to, the time that appears on the screen is always 4:49 PM.

What could be causing this weird bug? Why is the time on the Today screen always stuck at 4:49 PM, no matter which home screen I use, while the system time is actually correct?

Mike Temporale
12-20-2005, 02:33 AM
Have you restarted the phone? Have you added or removed any applications ?

me
12-20-2005, 03:21 AM
Have you restarted the phone? Have you added or removed any applications ?

Yes, I had a freeze-up yesterday, where the phone wouldn't boot, stayed at the green Audiovox screen, when I rebooted it. (I have no idea what caused that.) I tried leaving the battery out for hours and putting it back in, same problem. I finally did a hard reset of it, and restored my system with Sprite Backup.

It is since then that the time has been frozen on the Today screen.

I have (unfortunate, that I've had to) done such hard resets and restores many times before, and this time freezing never occured before. Also, there is nothing different on the phone than before I did the hard reset, and the time wasn't frozen then.

So--I have no idea what could be causing this, and how to fix it.

Mike Temporale
12-20-2005, 04:49 AM
I wouldn't count Sprite out of this. There forums seem to indicate that a number of people are having problems with features after a restore.

Since you have a fresh device can you hard reset and see if the clock works before you restore?

me
12-20-2005, 08:33 PM
I wouldn't count Sprite out of this. There forums seem to indicate that a number of people are having problems with features after a restore.

Since you have a fresh device can you hard reset and see if the clock works before you restore?

Yes, I may try that.

I've restored many times before though (is this common with SMT5600s, frequent needs for hard resets? Or in general with WM2003 SP?), and never had such a problem before.

Mike Temporale
12-20-2005, 09:39 PM
No, it's not common. I think that I've hard reset mine only a couple times over the course of a year. And usually it was becuase I wanted to start fresh or try something. Never because I had too.

If you're seeing a lot of instability, you should skip the restore. Do a hard reset and run with it bare for a couple days, then slowly install applications. Chances are high, that one of your installed applications isn't playing nice. :)

Jerry Raia
12-21-2005, 01:39 AM
I've HAD to hard reset mine twice. Both times it was because, for no reason I could determine, I could not send or receive email. Rather than spend 5 hours trying to solve the problem I spent 3 reinstalling everything. Of course my backups were worthless because what ever had gone wrong had gotten backed up at some point.