View Full Version : skype works on kjam?

annyksa
12-13-2005, 11:09 AM
there was some worry that skype won;t work on kjam because the processor is slow, btw----can anyone decide if that processor on kjam works slowly or inefficiently? its 200, but salesman told me its as fast as the other imate pda's, any info about this? i'm deciding between kjam and sp5m. So, tell me plz, does skype work well on kjam? thanks alot:)

Mike Temporale
12-13-2005, 02:06 PM
I'm not really sure. I don't have a kjam, and I don't know how many people here do. You might want to ask that question on our sister site Pocket PC Thoughts (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com). 8)

Sven Johannsen
12-13-2005, 05:32 PM
I have a K-Jam. It comes with Skype. I haven't tried it myself, but I would hope it works as it is standard equipment.

It's not exactly in ROM. It is in a section of ROM that is protected and a few things like Skype and CA antivirus install themselves during initial setup. This can be bypassed, but if you aren't aware of that, you will have Skype preinstalled when you set the beast up. Scuttle is that the current version at Skype works better than the one provided with the unit though.