View Full Version : Help, Lost apps installed on memory card (SMT-5600)

hotdram
12-13-2005, 04:16 AM
The other day I removed my miniSD card to show someone.
I had Mapopolis and MS Pocket Streets installed on it (the CAB files, not just the map data files). When I turned the phone back on, the programs were still in the program list, but their icons look like a Windows Dos window. When I try to start one of those 2, I get a message that says "Can not find 'Mapoplis'/'PStreetS') (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available"

Do I need to re-install?

Thanks,
~Rob

Mike Temporale
12-13-2005, 04:51 AM
You shouldn't have to reinstall. I remove mine all the time and haven't had any problems. Check to make sure it's fully inserted. Sometimes it might look to be inserted all the way, but it can take a little more.

kabkbak
12-13-2005, 05:01 AM
My 1gig sd card does this from time to time.
A quike power down and back on fixes it right up
every time.
Hope it will for you' Oh yah mine is a 5600 too.

hotdram
12-13-2005, 01:19 PM
Mike and kabkbak,
Those were the first two things I tried :) and neither one fixed the issue.
Thanks though, I'll keep trying :)

One other thing, I have RJShortcuts installed on the phone and have changed the front screen. One of the things I did with RJShortcuts is place a few program icons on the front screen so that I can access them directly from there. The icons I had for PStreets and Mapopolis now just show question marks. I don't know if the installation of RJShortcuts could have contributed to this issue or not (I doubt it, but just wanted to throw it out there).

Thanks,
~Rob

Mike Temporale
12-13-2005, 02:09 PM
Are you sure that your content is still on the card? Maybe it got wiped out somehow during the swap. <Grasping at straws>

hotdram
12-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Are you sure that your content is still on the card? Maybe it got wiped out somehow during the swap. <Grasping at straws>

That's what I am not sure about :|
My home PC took a dump over the weekend (waiting on a motherboard under warranty), so I can't hook it up to it and verify the contents of the miniSD. I can not bring the phone into work and hook it up, as the phone has a camera. I guess I can put the miniSD in the SD slot of my iPaq PPC (which is legal at work) and check the contents that way. Have to be tomorrow though, the miniSD to SD adapter is at home.

Thanks,
~Rob

Mike Temporale
12-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Well, that's about all I can think of. I don't see why it would be gone, but I don't know what else would cause these types of errors. :?

Let us know what you find out.

Sven Johannsen
12-13-2005, 05:27 PM
I guess I can put the miniSD in the SD slot of my iPaq PPC (which is legal at work) and check the contents that way.

Uh, is the iPaq at work? You can throw the miniSD in it's adapter in the iPaq and use it's file explorer to see if the stuff is still on the card.

hotdram
12-13-2005, 06:08 PM
I guess I can put the miniSD in the SD slot of my iPaq PPC (which is legal at work) and check the contents that way.

Uh, is the iPaq at work? You can throw the miniSD in it's adapter in the iPaq and use it's file explorer to see if the stuff is still on the card.

Sven,
The last line of the post that you quoted from me says "Have to be tomorrow though, the miniSD to SD adapter is at home." :)

~Rob

hotdram
12-14-2005, 04:07 AM
Well,
Pulled the card out of the phone, put it in my new computer (couldn't stand to be without one, now when the other one gets repaired, it will be the backup) and the apps were still on it. Plugged the card back into the phone and poof, there they were. Strange. I had power cycled and checked the card for proper contact 3 times before that, don't know what happened, but everything is working.

~Rob

kabkbak
12-14-2005, 04:21 AM
Glad to hear It.And a new computer sweet!
So far I've had luck with sd and mini sd cards
but as for mem stk's I'm on my 3rd 1gig card in a year. :(
And on another note It would be nice If all phone's had a non camera
model to pick from;most customer site's I go to I have to leave it in the truck.

Mike Temporale
12-14-2005, 04:57 AM
Strange. Glad it's working for ya. :)

hotdram
12-14-2005, 02:52 PM
And a new computer sweet!
Yeah, thought I would try a Sony Vaio with XP Home Media Edition.

And on another note It would be nice If all phone's had a non camera model to pick from
I agree, it is a pain to leave my phone in the truck while at work. Especially in Texas, where the summers can get very hot. I wonder about the service life of the phone and the battery.

~Rob