View Full Version : SMT5600 problem: use joystick starts camera app

ScottDe
12-13-2005, 03:16 AM
I started having problems with my SMT5600. Everytime I use the joystick (up, down, left or right) it starts up the camera app. I've tried rebooting and it comes up with a weird boot screen about half the time (multiple colors and it says Typhoon IPL 1.0, Typhoon SPL 1.01.0080). I've tried doing a hard reset, but it never completes because of the weird boot screen.

Any ideas?

ScottDe
12-14-2005, 08:27 PM
I've had the phone over a year so Cingular won't service it. I called Audiovox and they said its probably a software corruption and they want $75 to fix it. Plus I have to send in the phone while they fix it without a replacement.

Anyone know a way to reload all software including firmware? The hard reset is not working.

Mike Temporale
12-14-2005, 08:56 PM
There are 2 different ways to hard reset. Method 1 is from the Start Menu, and method 2 is from the power on button. Method 1 is the easiest way. Is that what you're trying?

ScottDe
12-16-2005, 05:28 AM
I tried both ways of hard restart.

But I figured out what was wrong. The camera button on the side was stuck in. So when I turned the phone off and then back on, it would go to the boot screen, which is what it was supposed to do.

So all is well now.

Mike Temporale
12-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Wow... That would have been a hard one to figure out. I'll have to remember to think about stuck buttons in the future. :)

Glad to hear it's working again!