View Full Version : CDMA/EVDO Version of Motorola Q to be Released in Q1 2006

Mike Temporale
12-09-2005, 04:00 PM
The hot new Motorola Q Smartphone will ship in Q1 2006. No surprise here, as this is the official party line that we have heard over the last couple months. I can also confirm that it will ship as a CDMA device with EVDO. It will also be available in other formats, but not at launch time. It's CDMA only for the launch. If you're looking for a GSM version, you'll have to hold off for a while. :(

runbuh
12-09-2005, 05:38 PM
Maybe it will come with MSFP right out of the gate?

Jerry Raia
12-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Motorola launches the Q with Verizon. This is going to be good. I wonder if Verizon will let the thing make phone calls. Maybe they can cripple most of the phones features so Moto won't have to worry about them not working. :lol:

lagsun
12-09-2005, 06:40 PM
If everything works out, then Q1 will make it hard for us WM gadget geeks. The Q, the 700W and the various flavors of the HTC Tornado. Unfortunately, I can't buy all of them :-(

Mike Temporale
12-10-2005, 02:59 AM
Maybe it will come with MSFP right out of the gate?

I think that's the idea. There is no reason to release this phone without MFSP on it. If it doesn't support always on email from the get-go, then it's a no-go.

Kris Kumar
12-10-2005, 03:17 AM
I am surprised that Verizon is putting out two Windows Mobile devices early next year. The Treo and Q. Wow! May the best mobile win.

I just can't believe that Verizon is actually sticking to its tag line - "We never stop working for you."

What has happened to Verizon? Why all this interest is putting out gadgets that people want? And don't they have to certify these phones for their network? Doesn't it take six months to verify the MSFP patch, to make sure that customer will be happy. :rotfl:

Jerry Raia
12-10-2005, 03:33 AM
Don't start popping champaign corks yet. Let's see what features they turn off first. :lol:

Rocco Augusto
12-11-2005, 10:22 PM
Motorola launches the Q with Verizon. This is going to be good. I wonder if Verizon will let the thing make phone calls. Maybe they can cripple most of the phones features so Moto won't have to worry about them not working. :lol:

well seeing motos track record with the mpx220 and verizons track record with sucking this seems to be a match made in heaven. verizons customers wont even realize that the phone is all crippled and not functioning, they'll think its the greatest thing in the wrold since sliced bread :)

Don't start popping champaign corks yet. Let's see what features they turn off first. :lol:

haha they prolly turned the champaign feature off knowing verizon ;)

Jerry Raia
12-11-2005, 10:45 PM
With all the venom I have for Moto I really hope they pull this off. I would like for this to be a good phone.

Rocco Augusto
12-11-2005, 11:44 PM
With all the venom I have for Moto I really hope they pull this off. I would like for this to be a good phone.

the mpx220 would have been a fantastic WM flip phone if they just would have taken the time to fix all the quirks. i think motos main problem is that they rush a lot of their products out to market before they are ready. they admitted to this when they announced the Q and said they would take time to make sure the device is ready for the mainstream before its released now lets see if they lived up to their end of the bargin.

and why stop with just verizon, i would love to see this phone fall into the hands of sprint users. its been FOREVER since sprint even carried a motorola phone (that wasnt for nextel)

Mike Temporale
12-12-2005, 12:15 AM
the mpx220 would have been a fantastic WM flip phone if they just would have taken the time to fix all the quirks.

I agree. it's not like the people with the prototypes didn't mention all the bugs. It was no surprise. Moto just didn't listen to the beta testers. :?

Rocco Augusto
12-12-2005, 01:29 AM
the mpx220 would have been a fantastic WM flip phone if they just would have taken the time to fix all the quirks.

I agree. it's not like the people with the prototypes didn't mention all the bugs. It was no surprise. Moto just didn't listen to the beta testers. :?

it all comes down to money. they didnt want to delay the phone any longer because time is money. they wanted to make a ton of money off the device real quick instead of spending some time with it. im sure cingular had their hands in the pot rushing them as well because the unbranded mpx220 rom works like a champ, its only the cingular and att roms that suck :evil: