View Full Version : SMT5600 not automatically finding new network

robertgbl
12-09-2005, 05:51 AM
I have a Cingular branded 5600 and am using it on the Cincinnati Bell network. The phone will not automatically switch to an available network. Can you suggest how I could correct this?

Specifically:

1) When traveling it does not automatically switch to an available network. Instead it shows me a screen where I must select from a network list.
a) in the settings / phone / networks menu choice there is no manual network selection choice - only "automatic". There is a network selection field but the only choice is automatic.

2) When I select any network other than Cincinnati Bell (my carrier) through the "select a network" menu choice, and manually select an available carrier other than Cincinnati Bell , the network selection screen displays "searching..." after "downloading settings from the network" and never displays the name of the carrier that I selected. THe "searching... message never changes although I have a signal from the selected carrier.

Robert

Mike Temporale
12-09-2005, 08:11 AM
Make sure you have added the various carriers that you roam onto, to your preferred list. That should help.

robertgbl
12-09-2005, 03:41 PM
thank you for your reply. Almost every available carrier is already selected (all but two). When I try to add them I get an error message about wrong password.