View Full Version : Bluetake Stereo Headphone

chris920
12-07-2005, 10:59 PM
does any one know / use Bluetake's stereo headphone.
i hear that you can connect it w/ your smartphone and listen to the music, and also pick up the calls.

the model # is BT450Rx

Sven Johannsen
12-08-2005, 05:41 PM
That's kind of iffy. The Bluetake, like the iTech Clip S, Motorola HT850 and some others support both the Headset/Handsfree and A2DP (stereo) profiles. You connect the headphones using both profiles and theoretically your music plays over the A2DP channel. When a call comes in the headset profile takes over, mutes the stereo, and proceeds with normal call via headset functions. When the call is over, the headset relinquishes control and the music starts back up over the stereo channel.

The catch is having the A2DP profile on your smartphone, or PPCPE. Don't know that any exist at the moment. What you can do is have an MP3 player with a BT A2DP adapter plugged into the headset jack, and connect it and your smartphone to the headphones, and get that neat music/phone capability. I'm not sure if you could get this to work with the headphone jack adapter on a PPCPE or smartphone as I'm not sure where the phone audio would go with the headset jack having something plugged into it.

I've had some spotty luck with a Phone Edition PPC, getting the device audio to come over the headset profile but it involved getting Voice Comand on the device. When I manage to activate VC from the headset, it thinks I'm going to make a call and routes audio to the headset. If I say Play Music, it does that, but seems to forget to kill the audio, because it isn't sure I've ended the call. Now that's just music over the headset profile, so it isn't super, but it isn't all that bad either. Unfortunately there isn't VC for the smartphone. Maybe it would work with some of the Voice Tag things that let you start applications, if they work from a BT headset.

Bottom line is for it to work right, the device needs to have both the Headset/Handsfree and A2DP BT profiles.