View Full Version : simple changing my themre gone wrong help

leeloo
12-03-2005, 06:04 AM
please bear with me im extremly new at this. i am trying to change my theme on my audiovox smt5600. i downloaded a theme opened my activesync on my computer and dragged the folder to my accerories. but when i unplug my phone and go to accerories and open the folder all the files appear but my theme does not change. it is a .cab file which i thought was compatible with my phone...what am i doing wrong?! please help me before i drive myself nuts! 8O

Mike Temporale
12-03-2005, 01:28 PM
No worries, you just need to put the theme in the right place. Copy all the files to \Storage\Application Data\Home Then to select that homescreen, goto Start\Settings\Homescreen and pick it from the list. :)

Let us know how things work out!

Rocco Augusto
12-04-2005, 01:55 AM
first you need to install the 'cab' file. while you copied the file to your phone you still have not executed it. a 'cab' file is similar to an 'exe' file on your pc except it usually installs programs. a setup file if you will.

to install this theme please follow these instructions.

- navigate to the folder on the phone where the 'cab' file is
- open the 'cab' file
- choose where you want to install the theme (i always pick the phone)
- if the theme does not change automatically select it in the settings (START>SETTINGS>HOME SCREEN)

hope that helps

-opti-

Mike Temporale
12-04-2005, 02:10 AM
Ah... I missed the part about it being a cab file. Right, then don't open the file on your PC. Just copy the cab to your smartphone, then launch your file explorer on the phone, and browse to the file and run it. :)

leeloo
12-04-2005, 05:24 AM
i got it! thank you so much. thats what i was doing. i kept 'extracting' the file after i downloaded it.i was getting so frustrated. now if i could just download that application that was mentioned earlier -the one that makes it easier to work and tweak your phone on your PC id be in good shape. but everytime i go to the link and sign in it wont let me down load. im so excite that i can finally customize my phone. thank you both for your help :lol:

Mike Temporale
12-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Glad to hear you got things working! 8)

now if i could just download that application that was mentioned earlier -the one that makes it easier to work and tweak your phone on your PC id be in good shape.

What app is that?

Rocco Augusto
12-04-2005, 09:01 PM
i got it! thank you so much. thats what i was doing. i kept 'extracting' the file after i downloaded it.i was getting so frustrated. now if i could just download that application that was mentioned earlier -the one that makes it easier to work and tweak your phone on your PC id be in good shape. but everytime i go to the link and sign in it wont let me down load. im so excite that i can finally customize my phone. thank you both for your help :lol:

glad i could help out

Jerry Raia
12-04-2005, 10:43 PM
Glad to hear you got things working! 8)

now if i could just download that application that was mentioned earlier -the one that makes it easier to work and tweak your phone on your PC id be in good shape.

What app is that?

Tweak master?

Ok just kidding, maybe Smartione (http://www.metropical.com/smartphone/forum/index.php?showtopic=6)?

leeloo
12-05-2005, 05:01 AM
yes, actually that is the application im trying to download. but even after i registered and entered my password, it still says there is an error. that i am not authorized to that program. what am i missing?