View Full Version : Just upgraded my SMT5600 to WM5 - Missing some functionality

MitzEclipse
11-29-2005, 07:53 AM
Hi all,

I just upgraded my SMT5600 to WM5. Looking to see if you guys/gals can help solve some issues i have with it:

1) Looking for the space maker application. it used to be Start > System Management > Space Maker. I need it to erase all my SMS.

2) Is there a way to make it that my Bluetooth is ON, and paired with my BT Headset, but not in the "headset" profile? With the old OS, i know i can be paired with my BT headset but in the "outdoor" profile... it seems to be stuck in the "headset" profile

3) Where did voice dialing go?

4) How come, upon reboot, the icons at the top of my home screen don't reset to their default values? This must be a new thing for WM5... is there a way to assign which icons appear there?

Thank you!

Sven Johannsen
11-29-2005, 05:08 PM
I may be wrong, but I don't believe there is a legal/legitimate/released/supported upgrade path for the SMT5600 to WM5. That could be part of the issue. Beta and test builds often aren't complete or stable.

MitzEclipse
11-29-2005, 06:11 PM
I may be wrong, but I don't believe there is a legal/legitimate/released/supported upgrade path for the SMT5600 to WM5. That could be part of the issue. Beta and test builds often aren't complete or stable.

Hi sven,

that is correct - this is a beta build and not a legitimate release... i, however, was very anxious to test the new OS.

I was posting on here because i'm pretty sure others on this board have tried out the beta wm5 rom floating out there... seeing if anyone else had any insight.

thanks!

Sven Johannsen
11-29-2005, 08:55 PM
Yea, I've seen one out there myself, but have been fairly hesitant to load it up as I hadn't heard much about any carrier wanting it, so wondered about how finished it was. Maybe you just got what you got. Hope someone has some hints for you. Chances are they have the same build and the same problems though.

MitzEclipse
11-30-2005, 06:40 PM
Yea, I've seen one out there myself, but have been fairly hesitant to load it up as I hadn't heard much about any carrier wanting it, so wondered about how finished it was. Maybe you just got what you got. Hope someone has some hints for you. Chances are they have the same build and the same problems though.

Thanks sven... no worries. I'm actually planning on moving over to the *gasp* blackberry. I'm tired of T9'ing everytime i text and email... and there are no good wm5 qwerty devices that are out yet!

Mike Temporale
11-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Thanks sven... no worries. I'm actually planning on moving over to the *gasp* blackberry. I'm tired of T9'ing everytime i text and email... and there are no good wm5 qwerty devices that are out yet!

Well, there's the Voq. It's a pretty good qwerty device. Otherwise, you'll have to hold out until the Q ships. :(

Sven Johannsen
11-30-2005, 07:33 PM
I'm pretty impressed by the K-Jam. A bit bigger, but it is a PPCPE rather than just a Smartphone, so you get something for the size increase. The VOQ isn't WM5 and it's bigger than the K-Jam.

Mike, forget about it. I got one and played with it for a day before boxing it up and sending it back. Great idea at the time, but it's really huge and is so plasticy I figured it came from Toys are Us. Without even BT to redeem itself, it wasn't worth keeping. I picked it up for the lack of camera, which is still a want of mine, but this wasn't going to be a good solution.