View Full Version : XM Radio Stolen. Damn Kids.

encece
11-29-2005, 05:02 AM
Left my car unlocked. They left everything. Just slipped the radio off of the cup-mount. Didnt take the antenna, nor the charger/fm transmitter. Amateurs!

I deactivated it immediately when I found out. So it's not even any use to them.

B*ll Breakin' Kids.

Now do I replace the receiver or switch over to Sirius?

Mike Temporale
11-29-2005, 05:32 AM
That sucks! At least they didn't take anything else or do any damage to the car.

Forgive my innocences, but.... Is there any real difference between the 2, other than Howard Stern?

encece
11-29-2005, 05:40 AM
I really dont know. I got it as a gift last christmas and I have been using it all year.

They both have decades music....dedicated genres....etc.
XM has Opie and Anthony (really funny).
Sirius has Stern (stopped listening a few years ago after listening since Philadelphia was his first Syndicated station).

Sirius has all NHL and NFL.
XM has MLB and Nascaar.

For me....the only thing I listen to on XM is O&A...and RadioDisney and XM Kids when my son is in the car. There is other talk, old-time radio, and Standup Comedy that is good....but I could do without it.

I'd like to hear Stern in his new format....but I think It's not worth the trouble. Plus I'll miss O&A.

AND I can listen to XM thru WMP on my phone! So why should I stop? Just an excuse to upgrade the radio...I guess. (it was a RoadieII....the basic model).

Mike Temporale
11-29-2005, 06:35 AM
Both XM and Sirus are just getting ready to start selling in Canada. So we haven't really had the option to sign up until now.

I too am interested in hearing what Stern will do/say now that he's on Satelite. It could prove to be a great show. However, it sounds liek XM is the better choice. After all, it integrates with your existing Smarthphone very well. ;) :lol:

encece
11-29-2005, 06:41 AM
There is some sort of option for listening to Sirius thru WMP. I think there is a PPC app, but not sure if there are free options as there are with XM. Well, not free...free to subscribers.

Both systems are nice if you're really into the radio, and music....I am not. Not for the past 5 years at least.
But it's nice in a pinch.

Since I'm at the PC most of the time, I'd rather have a free internet radio service running....but I cant do without O&A...I dont think. I'm really hooked on that show.

encece
11-30-2005, 04:57 AM
Here is a funny story. The family who lives in the condo above me has a teen cousin who is staying with them.

This morning as I was leaving for work, the police were talking to the mother, who had her car stolen...crashed...airbag deployed...and parked right back in the same spot.

The son was there looking very nervous.

The policeman asked me as I passed if I had seen anything last night and also confided in me that he believed the kid had something to do with it or knew something he wasnt saying.

This is the same police officer I reported my xm radio being missing to.

I went to work and came home and he was there talking to the woman again. I went to take out the garbage and he happened to be leaving. I asked, "did you figure it out". He said "of course!". It turned out to be the nephew staying over and he was going into the police station in the morning.

I reminded him about the XM radio being stolen and told him my suspicion was with the kids.

About 10 minutes later, he knocks on my door telling me that he told the kid...if they tell him who stole the radio, he would mention it in court that they came clean about that. They have not admitted guilt yet, but I'll bet they do.

Anyway....I bought the same XM radio on ebay today for $16. Brand new in the package! It cost $100 last Christmas.

The End????

Mike Temporale
11-30-2005, 05:26 AM
8O Dang kids! Nothing but trouble, I tell ya! :lol:

Well, it sounds promising. With any luck you'll have a second XM radio hanging around soon enough. 8)