View Full Version : Treo650 vs. Treo700w vs. Moto Q etc., which to buy?

bswon
11-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Ok, I have a bit of a problem. I am a gadget freak. I have owned countless cell phones, pdas, mp3 players, smartphones... Well each time I find something that i dont like or that is not up to par for what I want. Example, Samsung i730, which was a great PDA Phone, but the battery was just not that good, Treo650 CDMA, again great phone, but Sprint sucked so bad I had to get rid of it.. I could go on...
This leads me to my current problem. I need a smart phone, my Razr and my PDA (oh wait I dont have a PDA anymore, I sold my HP4705 when I bought the i730). SO you see my problem. Which of the new smartphones out there should I get. I am not asking for the world here, ok maybe close. I want long battery life, a fair amount of internal storage, external storage ability, good data transfer speeds, workhorse processor, WI-FI, Bluetooth, keyboard, and a nice screen. Now I dont think that is a highly demanding list.. So which one should I get? Please help! 8O

Mike Temporale
11-03-2005, 02:08 PM
Hi bswon, welcome to the site!

I've moved your post over here to the Just Chatting forum. Buy & Sell is for forum members to list their goodies and buy or sell something from one another. :wink:

Are you familiar with the differences between a Smartphone and a Pocket PC Phone Edition device? This is key because the Q is a Smartphone, and thus doesn't really compete against the Treo line of products. The Q is directly aimed at being a BlackBerry replacement.

In regards to battery life, the Treo 700w and Moto Q aren't even released yet. So no one really knows how long they will last.

workhorse processor - Well, the Smartphones and the Treo's tend to be a little lighter on the processing power. As I'm sure you are aware, the more power the shorter the battery life. So you will need to trade off on battery if you want all the speed.

WI-FI, Bluetooth - Can you even get these on the Treo's? I don't think they support WiFi even by means of a third party SD card. WiFi & Bluetooth pretty much forces you into the wonderful world of Windows Mobile. ;) Welcome!

You might want to consider the i-mate JasJar as well. It's a Pocket PC Phone Edition that has WiFi, Bluetooth, GPRS, Unlocked, QVGA, 128MB (RAM/ROM/Whatever), 520 MHz, Keyboard, dual cameras, SD card expansion. I don't know about the battery life, so I can't comment on that.

The Q might be a nice option, but it's not expected anytime soon. :(

Jerry Raia
11-03-2005, 07:32 PM
If the Q even shows up I would be very leary of it until we get feedback from new owners. Ok Ok I might possibly be one! Happy now? :lol: