View Full Version : Consumers want Camera and Music, Not Smartphones

Mike Temporale
10-26-2005, 07:15 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.160characters.org/news.php?action=view&nid=1774' target='_blank'>http://www.160characters.org/news.php?action=view&nid=1774</a><br /><br /></div><i>"A quarter of all U.S. Internet households are willing to use a high-resolution camera phone as their primary camera, according to the report "Mobile Market Intelligence" from Parks Associates to be publsihed in November 2005. The report also found consumer interest in mobile music applications, although photo applications are more popular among U.S. Internet households, with 52% (10.2 million homes) intending to buy a mobile phone with an integrated camera and only 30% (5.9 million homes) planning to purchase a mobile phone capable of downloading music."</i><br /><br />Surprisingly, only 21% are thinking of buying a smartphone. This is a huge opportunity for the marketing folks. We need to reach that other 79% (the music people and the camera people) and help them to understand that they don't have to decide between the two products. They can have both music and a camera if they bought a Windows Mobile Smartphone, or just about any smartphone for that matter. I realize that there are no <i>high resolution</i> camera phones right now, but they are coming - at least I hope they are. ;) So, Windows Mobile Marketing guys, it's time to step up and educate the 80% of people that don't know what they are missing!

Pony99CA
10-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Time to shut this site down. Nobody cares. :lol: :rotfl: :lol:

Steve

mpaquette
10-26-2005, 10:36 PM
Shoot! I knew I didn't really want my smartphone. :lol:

Mike Temporale
10-27-2005, 01:42 AM
Time to shut this site down. Nobody cares. :lol: :rotfl: :lol:

Now, now, The article clearly states that 21% want smartphones. That's still a large number of people. And from all the press I've seen this number is expected to grow substantially over the coming years. This article only deals with the next 12 months. ;)