View Full Version : Any upcoming clamshell smartphones on Cingular?

kkelley
10-20-2005, 12:31 AM
I am planning on switching to Cingular soon and was wanting to get a smartphone this time. I would like to get a clamshell style smartphone and I am considering the MPx220, but the reviews have been mixed to say the least.

Are there any upcoming clamshell smartphones on Cingular that are worth waiting for or are the new batch of phones going to be like the SMT5600 and the HTC PPC phones?

Thanks

Mike Temporale
10-20-2005, 01:41 AM
That we know of, No. The MPx220 is about it. Is there a chance that we might see something new in a clamshell? Maybe. If we're lucky. HTC is working on one, but that could be a ways out. Mitac has a number of them, if they could just get them into North America and tied to a carrier...

In short, no one but Cingular knows for sure. :(

ARW
10-20-2005, 05:19 AM
There should be some follow-on device for the 5600. Should be one of the SP5 or SP5m type phones, which are rumored to arrive perhaps sometime in November, though nothing even close to official has been announced.

kkelley
10-21-2005, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the replies.

That's about what I figured. I recently met an owner of a Cingular cellular store and he mentioned going to training on upcoming products in November. I think I'll give him a call and see if he can give me anything else. If I get any news, I'll be sure to pass it along.

Mike Temporale
10-21-2005, 01:29 AM
That's about what I figured. I recently met an owner of a Cingular cellular store and he mentioned going to training on upcoming products in November. I think I'll give him a call and see if he can give me anything else. If I get any news, I'll be sure to pass it along.

Please do! Thanks. 8)