View Full Version : Remove Programs List Blank!!

me
10-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Using an unlocked Audiovox SMT-5600. WM2003.

When I click on "Settings", "Remove Programs" (on the phone itself, not the
ActiveSync version) it is blank, no programs are listed there. Yet, I have
many programs installed, that did not come on the phone.

Why is the list there blank? What could be causing this? How can I fix this
problem?

encece
10-16-2005, 02:32 AM
Did you happen to delete the files in the Storage/windows/AppMgr directory? That's where the info is stored, I believe. I dont believe there is any way to recover the list. You could reinstall everything. Other than that, I dont believe there is anything you could do.

Mike Temporale
10-16-2005, 04:32 AM
This happens when you have more than 50 applications installed. I don't know why this is, I can only assume that it's a bug. :? Remove a couple and you should see them all again. 8)

encece
10-16-2005, 12:47 PM
Didnt know about the 50 app rule. That's an odd one.

Mike Temporale
10-16-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm pretty certian it's a bug. I can't imagine it's in there by design. If you've got a bunch of applications around, try installing all of them and see what happens. ;)

me
10-17-2005, 05:39 AM
This happens when you have more than 50 applications installed. I don't know why this is, I can only assume that it's a bug. :? Remove a couple and you should see them all again. 8)

Does that 50 limit include apps pre-installed on the phone? In ROM? Does it include apps that have been uninstalled?

Jerry Raia
10-17-2005, 08:07 AM
I had the same problem. After I deleted a few apps the list was back. You can always manage programs from Active Sync anyway no matter how many are there.

Mike Temporale
10-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Does that 50 limit include apps pre-installed on the phone? In ROM? Does it include apps that have been uninstalled?

Not pre-installed, they don't show up in the remove programs list. It's just stuff you've installed. ;)

encece
10-19-2005, 03:03 AM
How do you uninstall them if the list is blank? From ActiveSync?

Jerry Raia
10-19-2005, 03:05 AM

Exactly. It works just fine from there.

me
10-21-2005, 04:11 PM

Exactly. It works just fine from there.

However, not all installed programs might be listed in ActiveSync. For instance, if you have installed an app directly from the CAB file on the phone.

For apps not listed in ActiveSync Add/Remove Programs, it is really a problem if you want to uninstall one and the "Remove Programs" function of the phone does not work.

Mike Temporale
10-21-2005, 04:38 PM
Agreed. It's certianly not an ideal situation. Maybe you can remove something from ActiveSync and once your list reappears, you can remove the program you're looking for, then reinstall the others.

:? Sorry, it's the best suggestion I have. :(