View Full Version : i-mate's New SP5 and SP5m Smartphones Will Start Shipping Soon

Mike Temporale
09-28-2005, 11:30 AM
Expansys has the i-mate <a href="http://www.expansys.co.nz/product.asp?code=124583">SP5</a> availability set to Tuesday October 11th, while the <a href="http://www.expansys.co.nz/product.asp?code=125726">SP5m</a> will be available on Thursday October 13th. So if you haven't saved up those pennies, you better get started! :wink:

runbuh
09-28-2005, 12:34 PM
I hate it that the US is so slow to introduce new phones. I wish this phone would work on the AT&amp;Tingular network.

mpaquette
09-28-2005, 01:18 PM
I wish this phone would work on the AT&amp;Tingular network.

Both of these phones are unlocked quad band GSM phones. They will work with ANY GSM carrier in the US. No need to wait for Cingular cripple, I mean carry, this phone.

possmann
09-28-2005, 05:14 PM
I wonder if this means that T-mo will be launching at the same time...

Any speculation?

Last I recall is that T-mo was going to have quad as well.

runbuh
09-28-2005, 06:44 PM
I missed the Expansys part when I posted earlier. I see that the Expansys phones are unlocked, but pricey. Darn it.

chop69
09-28-2005, 06:52 PM
Those links are for expansys New Zeland and are thus in Australian dollars. Expansys US doesn't have the sp5 or sp5m listed yet, but they do have the qtek 8300 and 8310 listed for pre-order @ the slightly better price of $484

aarcam
11-02-2005, 12:38 AM
Well, this has to be the longes 8 days I have experienced in a while, there was this one time in Vegas.... At least the wait is down to 5 days now for the SP5.

They obviously must have been using Pluto days, which puts availability sometime early December. Man I want these things to come out, been waiting waaaay to long for a new phone! Come on, lucky 7!

Anyone got a SP5m yet?

Mike Temporale
11-02-2005, 03:15 AM
Well, this has to be the longes 8 days I have experienced in a while, there was this one time in Vegas.... At least the wait is down to 5 days now for the SP5.

They obviously must have been using Pluto days, which puts availability sometime early December. Man I want these things to come out, been waiting waaaay to long for a new phone! Come on, lucky 7!

Anyone got a SP5m yet?

It sure is frustrating. What really gets me, is that some people have gotten theirs. However, very very few.

My order has bounced around and I'm really sick of the poor job Expansys has done in estimating the shipping date. If it's not the truck on it's way to you, they mark it as Unknown. Don't guess at 10 or 18 days. That's just stupid and makes you look bad when it doesn't happen.

Right now, my order says "ships in 1-2 days". Which it has said for the last 2 days. :evil:

joeonsunset
11-05-2005, 06:17 AM
Is anyone ordering these in the U.S.? The phone's still not listed on the expansys US site. :-|

ARW
11-05-2005, 07:31 AM
I ordered an SP5m from Mad Monkey Boy on the 28th and received it today. I think he's got more if anybody is interested.

Mike Temporale
11-05-2005, 12:30 PM
I ordered an SP5m from Mad Monkey Boy on the 28th and received it today. I think he's got more if anybody is interested.

Mine is stuck in the UPS warehouse. :( According to their website, it just missed getting on the truck, and will be delivered on the next business day. :evil: I even called to see if I could pick it up at the warehouse, but that's a no go. So now I have wait all weekend before I can play with mine. :cry:

ARW
11-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Just now getting everything working on this, but my initial reaction is...brilliant. I'm coming from an i600 on Vzw and this is many times better.

aarcam
11-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Ahhhhh! Up to Nov 30th now, well Nov 30 for an imate off the UK site. January 10th for a Qtek 8310 off of the expansys-usa site! 8O .
At least they have put the everlasting 9 days to bed...

Glad to hear the the good reports about the SP5m, hoping the SP5 is just as good. Finally, after holding out for THE phone that I want, I still cant get it.