View Full Version : Tiny ebook reader Bug in current version

Rebecca
09-24-2005, 11:16 PM
Has anyone successfully used the current version of Tiny eBook Reader?

I love this program, specially its ability to read .lit files. But the current version has a memory leak that drives me crazy.

It crashes the whole pone by filling up all the memory.

I emailed the develper and they told me they compiled an installation file that contained an error and that they would recompile it and make it available.

But the have done nothing. This is driving me mad :evil:

Mike Temporale
09-24-2005, 11:59 PM
ebooks is one area I haven't really got into with my Smartphone. I'm not a fan of reading books on such a small screen. Maybe with some newer higher resolution devices, this will change.

As for your bug, have you reminded them about this? Maybe they need a gentle reminder? ;)

Rebecca
09-25-2005, 12:51 PM
I have reminded them many times and no answer.

Also another nice ebook reader for SP is Mobipocket but it also has a nasty bug. It consumes the whole phone battery in one day even when minimized. There are many reports on this on their forum but the developer is not answering.

I am frustrated with the lack of comitment to the customer from ebook software makers.

Mike: When using a medium font and clear type on the 5600 ebooks are quite readable, you should give it a shot.

Jerry Raia
09-25-2005, 04:36 PM
I have used Mobipocket on my 5600 but haven't noticed the bug you speak of. I am fanatical about using task manager to close out tasks though.

Rebecca
09-26-2005, 01:15 AM
Jerry:

Just check out the user group on the Mobipocket web site. Sear for battery drain bug.

There are many people reporting this. That's why I stopped using mobipocket, I don't like to be closing it in task manager everytime I use it.

Rebecca
11-24-2005, 01:30 PM
Mobipocket repaired the battery drain bug in v5 but introduced two new ones :x

Now font selection crashes the whole phone and cleartype does not work and the freaking program takes forever to start up even if running in the background.

Rebecca
11-29-2005, 03:55 PM
I just hope Palm does the version of eReader for Smartphone soon.

By the way I just posted a pool on your favorite ebook format. This might motivate Palm/eReader to speed up the version for smartphone.

please check it out, this is my first pool:

http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9746