View Full Version : Audiovox SMT 5600 Screen Angle problem. :(

Rebecca
09-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Hi!

Has anyone else noticed this: In the Audiovox SMT 5600 if you tilt the phone to the left the screen looks dark and if you tilt it to the right the colors wash out. Only when looking stright on it looks ok.

I specially noticed this when looking at video or dark images.

I have replaced the phone twice in the local Cingular Store and finally got it replaced by mail through the mannufacturer guarantee. and all 3 have the same problem.

Is this normal or I am just too picky or unlucky?

Thanks

Mike Temporale
09-12-2005, 07:21 PM
I don't see that on my C500, but I have a screen protector on it which helps to reduce the glare. Perhaps it's glare from the lights that is causing this dull / washed out look? :?

How far are you tilting this? 45 degrees?

Rebecca
09-13-2005, 04:07 AM
It is not glare perce. It reminds me of the problem with the Ipaq 1940. It is like the screen only looks good head on.

When looking at it from a left angle the pixels look darker, and when looking at it from a right angle it looks whiter.

The problem looks it worse when the screen is viwed at about 40 degrees.

Maybe this is just an Audiovox issue. Probably they are using cheaper screens with a smaller viewable angle than the ones in the C500.

Mike Temporale
09-13-2005, 04:25 AM
It reminds me of the problem with the Ipaq 1940. It is like the screen only looks good head on.

Ah yes, the yellow screened iPAQ. I still have (and it's in use) my iPAQ 1940. Great Pocket PC - even with the screen issues. :mrgreen:

Maybe this is just an Audiovox issue. Probably they are using cheaper screens with a smaller viewable angle than the ones in the C500.

It could be. I'll have to dig out my Audiovox and test it out. I have an early Audiovox, so hopefully it's not a recent change. Anyone have a new Audiovox that can try this out?

Jerry Raia
09-13-2005, 03:38 PM
My 5600 does the same thing.

subzerohf
09-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Mine does the same thing, too. Although, it does not bother me that much.

Consider it a feature for privacy :lol:

Rebecca
09-14-2005, 12:31 AM
Consider it a feature for privacy :lol:

:rotfl:

That was funny!

elijstar
09-14-2005, 02:24 AM
Heya Rebecca.

My 5600 does this, but it's not very noticeable to me at all. I was watching an episode of HBO's Rome on my phone the other day and thought it was just cheap tiny LCDs, kinda like a lenticular print where you see jesus if the card is turned one way, and the virgin mary the other way.

If you've gone through three of these puppies, you might just be too picky! :o

Best regards,
Elijstar
Audiovox SMT 5600 4TW!

Hi!

Has anyone else noticed this: In the Audiovox SMT 5600 if you tilt the phone to the left the screen looks dark and if you tilt it to the right the colors wash out. Only when looking stright on it looks ok.

I specially noticed this when looking at video or dark images.

I have replaced the phone twice in the local Cingular Store and finally got it replaced by mail through the mannufacturer guarantee. and all 3 have the same problem.

Is this normal or I am just too picky or unlucky?

Thanks

Rebecca
09-14-2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks!

I wonder why no one else commented on this before.