View Full Version : Voice Tag failure

hughck
08-28-2005, 04:48 AM
I been using my voice tags and it had been great. Yesterday I went to add a new voice tag and the phone would not let me set one up. My first thought was that there was either a limit on the number of voice tags, or that my memory was too low. I checked and my memory was fine, so I deleted some of the contacts with voice tags so if there was a limit I would be below it. I then tried again, and still was not able to add a voice tag. I called Cingular and they could not help me, so I call Audiovox and after going through their lower level techs, I was moved up to their top level and they did not know how fix the problem other than a hard reset of the phone. So I ended up doing a hard reset and everything works fine, but I had to spend a lot of time re-installing programs and setting up all my voice tags again.

Question - has anyone else had this problem, and is there a fix without having to do a hard reset?

I'm worried this could happen again and would like to find a quicker fix. :(

Mike Temporale
08-29-2005, 02:47 AM
Ouch that sucks. I wish I knew what file I had to copy to backup all my voice tags. I've lost them more than a couple times when rebuilding my device. :(

hughck
09-10-2005, 09:12 PM
I just added a voice tag and it worked, then I went to add another voice tag and it will not take it. I do not want to do another hard reset, anyone else have a fix.

hokfota
09-27-2005, 12:08 AM
I've been lurking these forums for quite a while, and finally found a reason to post a question.

I have an issue with voice tags as well. I created a few, then had an error with one of them. I deleted the contact, and the voice tag from the speed dial program. However, when I speak the voice tag, its still there. Makes it tough for me to re-enter the contact, and put a new voice tag on it. The phone tries to recall the old one, and goes to the blank dialing screen.

Does anybody know where the voice tags are actually stored in the phone so that I can manually delete them?

Thanks in advance.