View Full Version : Need advice concerning HTC Universal & Java

TheEconomist
08-24-2005, 07:39 PM
I am planning to buy this stunning smartphone (waiting also for a stunning price), but I need to know if it can run java applets (in order to use OANDA's FXTrade platform).[ From the specifications: Java virtual machine (J2ME, CLDC 1.1, MIDP 2.0,JTWI) ]. Second thing, if it can't run it, how may this be achieved ? (perhaps with a browser or a JVM to download) (I understood that Bitstream's Thunderhawk web browser is fully java compatible, but only for the pocket pc version.) :?

Mike Temporale
08-24-2005, 08:17 PM
I don't really see this as being a "Tips and Tricks" type post, so I have moved it over here to the "Just Chattin'" forum. ;)

I am planning to buy this stunning smartphone (waiting also for a stunning price), but I need to know if it can run java applets (in order to use OANDA's FXTrade platform).[ From the specifications: Java virtual machine (J2ME, CLDC 1.1, MIDP 2.0,JTWI) ]. Second thing, if it can't run it, how may this be achieved ? (perhaps with a browser or a JVM to download) (I understood that Bitstream's Thunderhawk web browser is fully java compatible, but only for the pocket pc version.) :?

The Universal is a Pocket PC (Phone Edition to be exact), it's not a Smartphone.