View Full Version : MPx220 Battery Life

thefunkunfaked
08-19-2005, 03:35 AM
Can I get some input as to what the expected battery life is for the MPx220 and what the average is that people are actually getting?

I think I read somewhere that it's 1-2 days.. but ever since I can remember, mine's only lasted approximately 12 hours (and that's with little to no use).

Is there something wrong with my battery? Might I need a new one? What's going on?

:?

Mike Temporale
08-19-2005, 10:49 AM
I don't have a MPx220, but 12 hours seems wrong to me. Are you running any applications that might be chewing through the battery? Like CellTracker? or possibly a homescreen animation? BetaPlayer?

stevew
08-19-2005, 12:24 PM
I have no problems with battery life. I've went 3 days without charging. If I use media player it uses more juice but never had a problem with a full days use no matter how much I used it.

thefunkunfaked
08-19-2005, 03:13 PM
I don't have a MPx220, but 12 hours seems wrong to me. Are you running any applications that might be chewing through the battery? Like CellTracker? or possibly a homescreen animation? BetaPlayer?

no applications or homescreen animations :?

Mike Temporale
08-19-2005, 03:36 PM

I thought I would ask. We ran a story on the front page a couple weeks ago about applications that use a lot of animations and fail to check if they are in focus will cause your battery to drain faster.

Do you have the phone to check email on a regular basis? if so, how regular? If not, it might be time for a new battery. How old is your phone?

thefunkunfaked
08-19-2005, 03:55 PM

I thought I would ask. We ran a story on the front page a couple weeks ago about applications that use a lot of animations and fail to check if they are in focus will cause your battery to drain faster.

Do you have the phone to check email on a regular basis? if so, how regular? If not, it might be time for a new battery. How old is your phone?

I don't even know how to set it up properly to check e-mail.. but I bought my phone in late September or early October.

Mike Temporale
08-19-2005, 04:14 PM
ok. Then my guess would be the battery is getting old and worn. Seems a little fast, but.... Did it use to have a longer life?