View Full Version : MPX220 Bluetooth Problems - Please help

montana1
08-12-2005, 08:40 PM
The MPX 220 which replaces my Sony Ericsson Z600 does not want to pair with my Ipaq hx2750 on bluetooth. They do see each other but for some or other reason do not want to pair. I've tried the mpx220 using both "discover" and "On" but still no dice. The Ipaq pairs instantly with my old Sony Ericsson Z600 though, so it's not an Ipaq problem.

Second question: Does it pair with a Jabra BT250v bluetooth headset? I don't want to invest in this expensive headset if pairing would also be a problematic issue.

Advice would be appreciated.

Sven Johannsen
08-12-2005, 09:45 PM
What do you want to do after you pair it? Pairing just has them know about each other, and I had no problems with my MPX220, and Dell X50v in that respect. Are you wanting to transfer files, use the MPX as a modem? Working as a modem seems to be an issue.

The process is to put the MPX into discoverable and use the BT manager on the PPC to pick a type of connection to establish.

I paired the MPX220 with a Bluetrek G2 with no problem. The headset function seems to work OK from various reports, so I don't think the Jabra will be a problem. Wait till someone actually congfirms that though.

Might help to know what ROM you are running as well. It's in Settings > About.

Mike Temporale
08-12-2005, 11:47 PM
I've paired my iPAQ 4150 with my C500 without any problems. And while I can't say for sure, I'm fairly certian that Jerry has paired his Jabra with his old MPx220. You shouldn't have any problems. Just like Sven said, set the phone in discover and then have your Pocket PC connect to the phone.

montana1
08-13-2005, 07:50 AM
What do you want to do after you pair it? Pairing just has them know about each other, and I had no problems with my MPX220, and Dell X50v in that respect. Are you wanting to transfer files, use the MPX as a modem? Working as a modem seems to be an issue.
I use the Ipaq/mpx220 combo mainly to download and upload SMS messages. It is too difficult to type messages on the cell phone and I do it via Simple SMS on the Ipaq.
The process is to put the MPX into discoverable and use the BT manager on the PPC to pick a type of connection to establish.
I have done that without any success. The mpx220 hangs after entering the passkey and the Ipaq returns a unsuccessful discovery message.
Might help to know what ROM you are running as well. It's in Settings > About.
It gives the following ROM setting:
Operator: 0.410.5062
Manufacturer: 1.360

Any further assistance would be appreciated.

Omega2008
09-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Did you try iniating the pair from the phone?