View Full Version : GRRRRR Active Sync only connects as Guest!!!!!!

xultar
08-03-2005, 06:39 PM
:2gunfire: :2gunfire: anyone know how to fix this? :2gunfire: :2gunfire:
I swear Activesync will be the death 'o me.

I know it isn't an issue with my smt5600 cuz it does the same thing with my ipaq!

Mike Temporale
08-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Ok.... Usually I would reboot the device, have you tried that? I would be odd that both devices are goofed at the same time, but it's worth a try. Maybe even toss a PC reboot in the mix too.

After that, if you're still having issues, check File / Mobile Device and select the correct device from the list (if it's on the correct device, pick another one and then do it again and pick the correct one) I'm wondering if it's having a problem detecting the device when it's connecting.

And one more thing to consider, I've had issues with failed installs causing ActiveSync to get confused. Maybe uninstall any software that you might have just installed from the desktop.

Just a couple random thoughts. Hope they help.

Kris Kumar
08-04-2005, 01:51 AM
The only way I know the ActiveSync will get locked on Guest forever (that is if device and PC reboot does not fix it) is using the registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services

Under there look for GuestOnly, IF it is there, then set its value to 0 if it is 1.

But I am guessing that you haven't anything to the registry. And one of Mike's tip will work. :-)