View Full Version : How long is the life of this phone?

Ram68
07-29-2005, 04:15 AM
Hi everyone!

I have a Nokia 6230 atm and was thinking about ordering this phone. It seems to have everything the Nokia has except fm radio.

My question though is this...How long can I expect this phone to be useful to me? I've never had a smartphone or a pda but this phone looks like fun and could be useful to me should I sign up for internet for it. I'd like it to last around two years but I'm wondering if since it's a windows phone if I'll be hard pressed 6 months to a year to find software for it and or what kind of maintenance will it require?

I want a gadget type of phone that has many bells and whistles and this seems to be the thing but just want to make sure that the basic phone function works well also.

Thanks for any input!

:D

Mike Temporale
07-29-2005, 04:19 AM
I have a Nokia 6230 atm and was thinking about ordering this phone. It seems to have everything the Nokia has except fm radio.

I'm sorry but, What phone are you talking about?

Ram68
07-29-2005, 04:21 AM
Audiovox SMT 5600

Sorry about that. :oops:

Mike Temporale
07-29-2005, 04:31 AM
Ah, I see. Well, the 5600 is fast approaching it's first birthday. It's a good solid phone. I don't expect applications to up and disappear once Windows Mobile 5 devices start shipping. It will take a while for developers to transition their applications, and most will continue to support 2003/2003 SE devices for a while. The install base is pretty large to just drop it.

Ram68
07-29-2005, 04:35 AM
Cool, thanks for the reply...I guess I'll jump and get it as I pretty much have heard very little that was bad about it. I just wish I bought it sooner.

Thanks again!

Tom