View Full Version : Help! Recurring events switch to All Day

ragintajin
07-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Random recurring events are automatically switching to All Day Events. I believe it happens upon syncing. Anyone ideas??

INFO:
MPX220 (newest ROM), Activesync v3.8, Outlook 2003

Kris Kumar
07-30-2005, 01:59 PM
Sorry I don't think I have heard about this problem. :? Wish I had a suggestion. :-(

ragintajin
11-07-2005, 08:46 AM
omg this is freaking ridiculous. My phone keeps changing my appointments around and as a result, I'm missing a lot of appointments!!!

bleep bleep bleep bleep!!!!

/vent

I can definitely confirm that it happens when I sync but other than that, I can't figure out how to reproduce the problem manually...it just happens.

Mike Temporale
11-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Wow, so this is still happening after 4 months? 8O

Check the time zone on your Smartphone. Chances are it doesn't match the time zone setting on your desktop machine.

ragintajin
11-08-2005, 02:08 AM
Yep, the timezones match. Some things I know are:

* like i said before, it happens upon sync.
* it seems to affect only recurring appointments.
* it affects random recurring appointments, new and old
* appointments on the smartphone change, but the desktop remains intact until i sync again.

I'm starting to wonder if my Outlook Live has anything to do with this.

Mike Temporale
11-08-2005, 04:52 AM
Yep, the timezones match.

Hrm... Ok. How much of a move are we talking about? More than an hour?

I'm starting to wonder if my Outlook Live has anything to do with this.

Could be. Can you uninstall it and see if it changes anything?

Kris Kumar
11-08-2005, 05:40 AM
What is Outlook Live? :oops:

Jerry Raia
11-08-2005, 06:11 AM
What is Outlook Live? :oops:

Yeah good question!

ragintajin
11-08-2005, 06:30 AM
Basically its Microsoft Outlook + Hotmail Plus (2GB). Just pay $45/year and you'll get the upgraded Hotmail account as well as the newest (or almost newest) version of Outlook.

Check it out:
http://outlooklive.msn.com

Calendar and Tasks are also integrated.

Jerry Raia
11-08-2005, 07:01 AM
Wow never heard of this!

Kris Kumar
11-09-2005, 05:40 AM
Really a weird problem. Right now I too am suspecting Outlook live + Hotmail. I believe the calendar info is stored in the Hotmail account?

If so, have you logged into Hotmail web site and checked the Options->My Profile->timezone info. I don't think that is the cause of the problem. But doesn't hurt to check.

I am stumped. And what about Outlook updates and service packs?

ragintajin
11-09-2005, 05:50 AM
Ahh, I just found SP2 for Outlook Live. I'll have to check this out and see how it goes.

(Yeah, my Hotmail timezone setting is consistent with everything else.)

EDIT:
Okay, so there is an actual difference between Outlook Live and Outlook 2003 + Outlook Connector (the program that syncs with Hotmail). I have the latter, so the SP2 for Outlook Live won't install.

I currently have Outlook 2003 SP2.

I tried uninstalling Outlook Connector but then I realized that I don't have a profile in Outlook other than my Hotmail profile, thus my smartphone didn't have anything to sync to.

So basically, its back to the drawing board...