View Full Version : Do you think SmartPhone is for me?

mpovolo
07-21-2005, 01:07 PM
I currently use a Treo650. Really all I do on a daily basis is:

Phone calls
Add a note to the contact note about the call
Update a tasks date
Add the odd task or appt that comes to mind
Move calendar appt
411 Directory name search, 2 times per week roughly.
Thats it.

I think that the treo may be over kill for me and I find it a hassle to use.

Thoughts.
THanks

encece
07-21-2005, 11:27 PM
By rights...the treo is more of a PDA first and a phone second. More in line with a PocketPC.

Smartphones are a phone first and PDA second. that's not to say that they are not powerful devices. They certainly are and can do almost all that a full blown PDA can. But it's more intuitive to use because of it's phone form factor. And you'll certainly appreciate the smaller size.

One thing you need to remember about smartphones is that they dont have keyboards or touchscreens. You need to do all of your typing using the keypad. This becomes very easy to do after some practice. And T9 makes it alot easier. But there will definitely be some adjustment if you are used to the keyboard or grafitti of the palm.

But in the end....PALM STINKS! Go with the smartphone!!! (Had to throw that in!) :)

Mike Temporale
07-22-2005, 01:18 AM
But in the end....PALM STINKS! Go with the smartphone!!! (Had to throw that in!) :)

No argument here. :mrgreen:

subzerohf
07-22-2005, 03:53 PM
And if you were like me, I put my phone in my pants' pockets, instead of wearing it on my belt. Try sticking the Treo in tight jeans or shorts, and you know what I am saying. That's why I like the SMT5600 so much - it is the form factor.