View Full Version : Microsoft Money for Smartphone?

hotdram
07-21-2005, 02:53 AM
Is Microsoft Money (I am using Money 2005 on my PC) available for smartphones (specifically the SMT5600)?
I looked at the Microsoft site and found nothing, just wondering if there is 3rd party s/w that would sync my desktop Money file to my smartphone.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, I did try the search function for my question, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks,
~Rob

Mike Temporale
07-21-2005, 03:53 AM
Microsoft doesn't have a pocket version of money - that I am aware of. However, I haven't really looked. I don't know of any 3rd party solutions either, although once again, I haven't really looked. I know that there are some money management applications for the Smartphone, but I don't know if they talk with Money.

Hrm, All that just to say - no idea. :lol:

hotdram
07-21-2005, 07:15 PM
Hrm, All that just to say - no idea. :lol:

:lol: :lol:
That's okay, thanks for the response Mike.

~Rob

encece
07-21-2005, 11:30 PM
There are financial solutions for the phone...but none of them SYNC with money during ActiveSync. Which makes me not want to use ANY of them.

Why'O'Why doesnt Microsft make an app that will sync automatically! I'd just like Microsoft to answer that question. Even if it's:

"No, and the reason is....."

encece
07-21-2005, 11:31 PM
But...maybe some developers that make excellent PPC versions like SPB Finance will come to the rescue.

hotdram
07-22-2005, 04:04 PM
I see that the newest SPB Finance supports Windows Mobile 5. It also states that it syncs with Money (assumedly without exporting/importing .qif files)
http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/finance/?en
On the top right of the webpage above, under requirements, Windows Mobile 2003 is listed as an option. Being a noob to smartphones, would that mean my SMT5600 could use this? Or is Windows Mobile 2003 different than the smartphone (ie is it what is loaded onto a Pocket PC phone?)

~Rob

Mike Temporale
07-22-2005, 04:18 PM
It's not a different Windows Mobile 2003. It's just that SPB has not been specific enough. They mean Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket PC.

They only have an application or 2 for the Smartphone and unfortunately, neither one is their Finance application. :(

hotdram
07-22-2005, 04:34 PM
They only have an application or 2 for the Smartphone and unfortunately, neither one is their Finance application. :(

I noticed that as well. That's why I am skeptical that this would work on the smt5600.
Oh well, I'll keep waiting (as I try to remember patience is a virtue)

~Rob

encece
07-24-2005, 02:35 AM
I just posted the question to SPB Software. Lets see if they respond.
-Nick

hotdram
07-24-2005, 03:32 PM
I just posted the question to SPB Software. Lets see if they respond.
-Nick

8)
Thanks Nick,
You beat me to it.

~Rob

Rocco Augusto
07-24-2005, 10:19 PM
...but I don't know if they talk with Money.

i like to talk to money :)

Mike Temporale
07-25-2005, 01:27 AM

Ah, but does it listen? ;)

Rocco Augusto
07-25-2005, 09:12 AM

Ah, but does it listen? ;)

no :(

:)

encece
08-09-2005, 01:51 PM
I emailed them. Here was the response:

Hello,
Unfortunately we haven't thought about making Spb Finance for Smartphones.
If we do - I will definitely let you know

Thank you for your letter and your offer to help.

Best regards,
Margarita Bochkova
Customer Support Team
Spb Software House
Email:** [email protected]
Web:**** www.spbsoftwarehouse.com
Phone:** +7 812 324 49 44

So I wrote the following people directly, listed on the website as the "higher ups":
[email protected]
[email protected]

Let's see if they respond with a better response than "We didnt think of it, but if we do, we'll let you know!" :roll:

[/quote]

hotdram
08-09-2005, 10:58 PM
I emailed them......
.....So I wrote the following people directly, listed on the website as the "higher ups":
[email protected]
[email protected]

Let's see if they respond with a better response than "We didnt think of it, but if we do, we'll let you know!" :roll:

Thanks encece for following that up!!!
That was on my to-do list (email them) but I forgot. :(

~Rob

encece
08-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Hallo Nick Cornaglia,

I am on a business trip and will be back in the office on Thursday. Vassili is on Vacation for one week. We thank you for your mail and I will serious discuss with my colleague about your idea when he is back.

Please be patient for a while,

Best Regards,

Sebastian-Justus Schmidt

encece
08-18-2005, 05:59 AM
Got a weak response back from them:

(Paraphrased)
Yes it is an important application for the smartphone.
We do not discuss future programming plans or release dates.

Blah....anyway...we put the bug in their heads.

Patrick
08-18-2005, 01:25 PM
I don't know if you have already seen this but I just came across it this software from ilium

http://www.iliumsoft.com/site/im/keeptrack.htm?phn

I haven't tried it, but the website says that it syncs with a desktop version and you can import and export QIF files. Closest I've seen to a "Money" solution on the smartphone.

encece
08-18-2005, 02:08 PM
You need to manually transfer the QIF files. Sooooo inconvienent. Not a solution in my opinion. Automatic Syncing is KEY. That's what Active Sync is for after all. :)

Jerry Raia
08-18-2005, 03:58 PM
You need to manually transfer the QIF files. Sooooo inconvienent. Not a solution in my opinion. Automatic Syncing is KEY. That's what Active Sync is for after all. :)

True but now you could export the QIF file from money and have the data on your phone. Not pretty perhaps but it should work.

encece
08-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Then it get's ugly.

You create a new transaction on your phone and a new transaction on your PC or maybe your PC carried out an automatic transaction.

Which gets overwritten during the manual imorting/exporting? Messy.

Jerry Raia
08-18-2005, 10:50 PM
Hmmm yeah that is ugly. Nevermind. :?

encece
08-18-2005, 11:07 PM
Viva la Sync! :D

Sven Johannsen
08-19-2005, 03:49 AM
Viva la Sync! :D

Yea, everybody bashes ActiveSync, until there is something they wish it supported, or they realize all it keeps straight. Off-line DB replication is not a trivial thing.

P.S. I'm agreeing with encece, not thinking he is bashing.

encece
08-28-2005, 04:39 PM
Got the last response from them which basically said that they do not comment on future applications.... :evil:

Jerry Raia
08-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Got the last response from them which basically said that they do not comment on future applications.... :evil:

Well if thats what they said then they just admitted its a "future application" :lol:

Jerry Raia
08-28-2005, 11:57 PM
until there is something they wish it supported

or there is something they wish it didnt screw up or make such a pain to accomplish. After how many years it still is virtually unchanged or improved!

I use it, I depend on it, there is no other game in town really but it is below average. Like a broken clock its right twice a day. I want one that always works.

encece
08-29-2005, 12:58 AM
agreed. I must admit, there is at least two or three times a week when it refuses to connect for whatever reason. And this past week, it decided to sync my entire calendar again....all 4000+ entries since 2001! :)

Jerry Raia
08-29-2005, 01:53 AM
it decided to sync my entire calendar again....all 4000+ entries since 2001! :)

That's one of my favorites. I've had it do that with contacts also. :roll:

Ok I don't want to turn this into an AS bashing thread but so much ties into it.

encece
09-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Money 2006 was released for the PPC but still no version in site for Smartphones! :(