View Full Version : Microsoft Already Working on the Next Generation for Windows Mobile 5.0

Kris Kumar
07-07-2005, 11:30 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.infoworld.com/article/05/06/27/HNinterviewzhang_1.html' target='_blank'>http://www.infoworld.com/article/05/06/27/HNinterviewzhang_1.html</a><br /><br /></div><i>"The head of research for Microsoft's Windows Mobile software for handheld computers, Ya-Qin Zhang, was in Taipei last week talking up the company's latest major operating system release, Windows Mobile 5.0. In an interview, he lamented the slow development of battery technology for mobile devices and offered a glimpse of what Microsoft is already up to for its next major upgrade to the mobile computing OS."</i><br /><br />Microsoft does not have a code-name for the next generation of its Windows Mobile OS, but has <i>1,000 engineers</i> working on it. 8O The good thing is that they are in the planning stage, which means that we can help them in deciding some of the important features and also a cool code-name. :) What are your thoughts?

rzanology
07-07-2005, 02:57 PM
I have a mpx 220...and i am a very happy user...as far as OS is concerned any way. My only complaint is the fact that i cannot get my mpx and my 50v to talk :(. If they can some how fix that i'd be the happiest person on the earth. Because of that i've considered going back to a SE phone...but im still hanging around. It also wouldn't hurt if we could get a much more pretty UI. I'd love to see something that stands out...that makes people go "WOW what is that on your phone??? windows?!?!"

code name? hmmmmm...."operation FAT PANTS!"

Stinger
07-07-2005, 05:18 PM
How about Wolverine? ;)

ptaavs
07-08-2005, 04:33 PM
I've heard it is called "Photon".

BTW, i also have heard several times now, that Magneto was not codenamed after the comic character, (which is copyright), but rather the actual device, (which is not)

Kris Kumar
07-08-2005, 04:49 PM
How about "TWD"? ;-)

Total World Domination

bleeman
07-08-2005, 10:56 PM
How about YCHIUYBANP (You Can't Have It Unless You Buy A New Phone)

8O

Mike Temporale
07-09-2005, 02:33 AM
How about YCHIUYBANP (You Can't Have It Unless You Buy A New Phone)

8O

Sad but true!