View Full Version : Video Help

jimmell
07-03-2005, 01:27 PM
I apologize if this has been covered; if so, please point me in the right direction. I'm new with my Audiovox SMT5600 and am just playing with video on it. What I've done with a DVD is:
1. Use DVD decrypter
2. Use PocketDivx Encoder
3. Copy the generated video file to my phone's storage card.
4. Use Betaplayer to try to play

Here's where I stop. When I try to open a file from with betaplayer, I don't even see my video file there; I confirm that it's there through file manager. Does this need to be converted to a specific format? Am I doing everything else right?

Mike Temporale
07-03-2005, 09:24 PM
I apologize if this has been covered; if so, please point me in the right direction. I'm new with my Audiovox SMT5600 and am just playing with video on it. What I've done with a DVD is:
1. Use DVD decrypter
2. Use PocketDivx Encoder
3. Copy the generated video file to my phone's storage card.
4. Use Betaplayer to try to play

Here's where I stop. When I try to open a file from with betaplayer, I don't even see my video file there; I confirm that it's there through file manager. Does this need to be converted to a specific format? Am I doing everything else right?

Hi Jimmell, I've moved this post over to the multimedia forum. It's not really related to Motorola Smartphones. ;)

Check out this posting (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8665) by optikalsaint. It outlines all the steps and programs you need to get video working on your smartphone. :D

Hope that helps!